News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Lightning!

Started by Xepher, May 21, 2010, 05:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

So, I think this qualifies as "art" or, if not that, at least "Awesome!"

I took that a couple nights ago from the front yard of my house. I think it's pretty sweet. :-)

Click here for full size: http://xepher.xepher.net/Pictures/index.php?displaypic=Art-ish%20Pictures/lightningstrikes.jpg&non_lr=1

Rustcrust

"It will not be long, before the dawn brother! I shall be the herald of this black sunrise, seeping salvation across the land, and all will know the peace of inexistance!"

Gwyn

Where I live it's often to cold to get the thunder and lightning, and when we do it's often just the flashes. I've only ever seen it in "arcs" like that once and it was amazing.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

hIrvinMcculloughq

What kind of camera did you use to take this photo? Also what exposure setting did you use? I'm interested in learning how to take good photos with my Canon DSLR but haven't mastered it quite yet.

Cheers
SIGNATURE REMOVED BY ADMIN

Xepher

Nikon D80, ISO 100, Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens at 18mm, F/8.0, 5.3s exposure.

The exposure was just freehand, manually opening and closing the shutter between strikes.