News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

5th wall

Started by Keybounce, October 20, 2010, 10:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keybounce

http://psiwebcomic.com/comics/sides42

Absolutely wonderful! But if you don't have a link to it, you won't see it.

fesworks

Erm.. What do you mean if I don;t have a link to it?

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Keybounce

If a reader doesn't have a link to it, they won't know that it's there.

If a reader just checks out the new comics, that gets missed.

So, from what I understand,

Fes is a character, and knows it.
Fesworks thinks he draws Fes
Fesworks is a character, and now knows it
Fes Works thinks he draws Fesworks
Fes Works is a character, and doesn't know it

... But then, who draws Fes Works? (.... wasn't there a webcomic existential philosophy thread about the whole "levels of comic awareness" that wound up comparing it to real world religions and philosophies?)

I like that comic. I really think it shows the whole WCA and "Is there a God?" questions/concepts better than anything else I've seen.

fesworks

Quote from: Keybounce on October 25, 2010, 05:32:38 PM
If a reader doesn't have a link to it, they won't know that it's there.

If a reader just checks out the new comics, that gets missed.

It's in the "Sides" archive. Under "Assorted 2010".... if that is what you mean.

Quote from: Keybounce on October 25, 2010, 05:32:38 PMSo, from what I understand,

Fes is a character, and knows it.
Fesworks thinks he draws Fes
Fesworks is a character, and now knows it
Fes Works thinks he draws Fesworks
Fes Works is a character, and doesn't know it

... But then, who draws Fes Works? (.... wasn't there a webcomic existential philosophy thread about the whole "levels of comic awareness" that wound up comparing it to real world religions and philosophies?)

I like that comic. I really think it shows the whole WCA and "Is there a God?" questions/concepts better than anything else I've seen.

"Fesworks", as far as PSI and The Crossover Wars are concerned, is the "inserted author". You may liken him as an "avatar". There is a reason this comic is in the "Side Comics", because this comic isn't necessarily canon.... Not to the STORY in P.S.I. anyway. One of the ways I've tried to help "fix" P.S.I. was separating the archive into "main story" and "sides". There is "Story Canon" and "Comic Canon". That way I can do jokes like this, that don't fuck up continuity of the story.

"Fes Works" is me. The real, offline creator of P.S.I. That is the 5th wall. In PSI, and in the Crossover Wars, the 4th wall is merely the awareness, and of course when authors self-inserted themselves... y'know, classic 4th wall. Everyone, including myself, were roleplaying as though we actually could enter into the webcomic multi-verse, etc.... of course, that's all BS and not real..... we essentially made a 5th wall.

... It makes total sense to me....

Also, as far as the "Is there a God/Goddess" thing. I've got more plans for the future of PSI that continue to deal with such things. The Jenny Everywhere story (Crossing Over Worlds) was also a good example of that.... that and "fate" and "free will" and what-not.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com