News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Speed Dating Crossover(?) Event in Ardra

Started by fesworks, March 22, 2011, 08:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fesworks

http://www.ardracomic.com/comic/speed-dating-application

Have your charcter apply to be in the Speed Dating storyline!

After The Road Trip remake is complete, we'll be moving back to the "present" in the Ardraverse. The first storyline we'll be doing, is a speed dating arc. We would like to invite fellow webcomic creators to submit "applications" to be in this speed dating event. Because of how complex this can get, and with a limited time frame for the storyline itself, we cannot guarantee all applicants to be used as (a) an application reference, (b) a simple cameo, (c) an interacting cameo, or (d) an actual role/joke/date.

This is why we want the applications to be sent as though your character is actually applying for the speed dating event. From there, we can see if we have something we can use as a cameo (in the forefront or background), a single panel interaction/throw-away joke, or a couple panels or more of an actual sequence. You may submit your own ideas in addition to the application, but I do want to stress that everyone may not work out and/or we may not have the time to handle every idea. Depending on the number of applicant, we'll try to get as many simple/background cameos as possible.

Because everything must take place in Ardra canon, there are a few rules:

1. Applicants must be human. (Sorry, there are no anthropomorphic beings in this world.)
2. We can accept male and female applicants, but we're mainly looking for males. (Ardra is Hetero.)
3. Ardra is moreso based in "real life" Earth, with a few exceptions. Extremes like Magic, Super-Tech-Science, Mythicals, Aliens may work in an ambiguous, trimmed, or carefully designed situation. (not saying "no", just that it should be considered.)
4. Ardra is rated PG. Keep that in mind.
5. This story is Ardra canon, and does not constitute an actual crossover where Ardra's world be canon to another webcomic or vice versa. Though not entirely ruled out (depending on a variety of things), but for the sale or preserving the Ardraverse, we'd be considering other characters as "alternate versions". Unless your comic has dimensional travel or are aliens... MAYBE.
6. Email applications to ArdraComic@gmail.com.

Additonally, the applications:

1. Should be in the perspective of the character.
2. Need high-res "headshots" at least. (could also be crops from comics).
3. Gives us permission to use your character in the webcomic and form when we print it, for at least as simple cameos for this story. (Anything more involved than that, we'll talk with you.)

Extended Crossover Idea:

We are entertaining the idea of making this a Crossover Event. No no, hear me out!

Because we are wanting to keep the Ardra storyline as self-contained as possible, that doesn't mean that other people, with their webcomics, can't get in on this speed dating idea! I proposed that, for those interested, applicants could be open to crossover jokes (or even small storylines) with other applicants! Speed Dating basically has multiple tables set up. Ardra will be focusing on the tables that only Ardra is at. HOWEVER, what if other webcomics focused on tables that THEIR applicant is at? Multi-site, non-direct crossovers! No one has to directly wait on anyone else, and it doesn't ALL need to be canon. It can just be a fun, cross-promotional event! We'll all link to each other speed dating comics! I expect that this can start happening in about a month and a half.

Applicants that are interested in working with others on this, just say so in your "application". Even if you may not want to participate yourself, but to let other people know that you would let their applicant cameo in other comics. I will try and help coordinate people by directing them to our forum. Hopefully we can make some connections. Of course, anyone in on this should still coordinate with characters' owners for various jokes and interactions, to make sure characters are used properly and remain in-character.

This is something totally in addition to the Ardra storyline. It's not necessarily canon to anyone, but could be a fun cross-promotional event!

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

OH! I should also say for the "extended" speed dating thing, where people other than the Ardra comic, could have have less rules and stipulations (depending on the other creators' desires).

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

Hmmm, deadline for submitting my be three weeks (max) from now, because in about a month, we should be starting the arc.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

Deadline is... a week at most, as we're already writing.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com