News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

"Server unexpectedly closed network connection" Agh!

Started by FloppityKat, February 10, 2009, 09:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FloppityKat

I recently bought a laptop in order to work away from home and proceeded to get WinSCP so I could update my site from here. I copied all of the log-in information from my main computer but for some reason I get an, "Authentication Failed" message. Oddly, it logged me in fine last night. I would very much appreciate any insight into why this is. Thank you! ^_^

tapewolf

This seems to be a general problem:
http://xepher.net/forum/index.php?topic=823.msg8313#msg8313

...my guess is something went slightly astray with the system maintenance.

"The main difficulty is getting [Qa'Dar] out of his cage.
Far and away the most reliable method I have found is mass-murder." -- The IT-HE guide to Morrowind

Xepher

Nothing went wrong, per say, the system was just shut down for a bit while doing maintenance. If you're still having problems though, let me know.

tapewolf

"The main difficulty is getting [Qa'Dar] out of his cage.
Far and away the most reliable method I have found is mass-murder." -- The IT-HE guide to Morrowind

Databits

In the even of validation stuff anyhow, I'd suggest using authorized keys if you know how. It's generally a bit more secure and allows you to (optionally) bypass the need of a password if you set things up right (I wouldn't to that on a shared computer though).
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]