News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

P.S.I. going on Hiatus...

Started by fesworks, April 07, 2009, 02:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fesworks

I'm going to update one more time this week, then I need to put PSI on Hiatus until May 18th or June 1st.... I just need some time to catch up with stuff....

So a month to a month and a half at the most.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

ArdraCreator

Okay, but I've gotta ask...

Is the storyline you started for Halloween '08 gonna be done by Halloween '09?  I thought some of my arcs ran kinda long, but damn!  :)

fesworks

Quote from: ArdraCreator on April 07, 2009, 08:13:58 PM
Okay, but I've gotta ask...

Is the storyline you started for Halloween '08 gonna be done by Halloween '09?  I thought some of my arcs ran kinda long, but damn!  :)

Well, during the "Halloween Caper 2008 Arc", it's actually several arcs... it all blends together. There are 4 arcs actually. While all 4 take place during the mall, and technically apart of the 2008 Halloween Cameo Caper, it's not one arc. Each arc is designed to run a particular idea.

Home Again. Home Again? was a segue arc to release some exposition about Nemi and her past, as well as getting everyone out of the graveyard to the Mall.

Find What You Need Here is the beginning of the Cameo Caper. Resolves the missing item that was taken from The Crossover Wars. Closes a plot point.

No Rest for the Soul is really the set-up for the Zombies and several other plot points, ending with Nemi's crystal getting jacked.

No Rest for the Dead, Either is a play on the previous arc name, which I do frequently, but also caries the bulk of the zombie stuff. It also brings up the Nemi and Bodil thing, where you are not 100% sure of what happened and who's who, etc. Ends with a bang.

The current arc Altogether Apart, it's basically taking off from the last part, and is on it's way to wrap things up... meaning that when things are wrapped up (as far as the Cameo Caper is concerned), then a new arc will begin... but to give you a hint, they will STILL be in the mall when that happens, but will also move along in a different direction, as well as close some other plot points as well as set up new ones.

So, unlike Ardra, P.S.I.'s story runs consecutively. Rather than "Story. Story. Story. Story." P.S.I. is more like "Story: Story, Story, Story." Though I'll still have some non-consecutive points.... but I think you get what I mean.

Also, when I started PSI's inclusion into the 2008 Halloween Cameo Caper, I was VERY careful NOT to make it an official "halloween" arc. I wrote the entire script (or planned in my head, rather), to simultaneously run the PSI story, as well as the story for the caper.

Though I admit, I should work to shorten the bits, but during this 2nd major crossover event (unlike The Crossover Wars), I am actually releasing a whole lot more PSI Story intended plot points, peppered all throughout!

Also, as an extra hint, I'll be gearing up to introduce a new character before the end of the current arc!

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

ArdraCreator

So basically, it's like if I had decided to do the Origins arc the way I'm doing it now, but decided to do it consecutively, rather than three or four different arcs over time. 

If I had elected to do it that way, it could have been almost as long.  Character development is important, but it can be a bitch to shorten parts you'd rather leave in, as I'm finding out.

fesworks

Quote from: ArdraCreator on April 07, 2009, 11:08:47 PM
So basically, it's like if I had decided to do the Origins arc the way I'm doing it now, but decided to do it consecutively, rather than three or four different arcs over time. 

If I had elected to do it that way, it could have been almost as long.  Character development is important, but it can be a bitch to shorten parts you'd rather leave in, as I'm finding out.

No, since Ardra has always been "Story. Story Story." I think it would still feel very long, unless some creative segue was involved... It would probably feel like too much exposition.... It's hard to say, really... I mean, it can be done, but I'd have to spend a lot more time on it, and as you know, I'm barely having time now :/

With seperated stories, things can feel fresh each time as well. I think P.S.I. would benefit from such a story-telling some time.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com