News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Other things possibly having to do with mod_rewrite

Started by Miluette, May 27, 2009, 11:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miluette

Forgot what other thread I asked things in. Should probably start using bookmarks more efficiently...

Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to...

- use mod_rewrite to hide certain directories in a URL?

To give an example, and this might be terribly convoluted to begin with, but I made it so that

Quotesenshuu.com/mil/

can be accessed through

Quotemillennium.senshuu.com

but sometimes (through my wacky old news system, dur) you can see the /mil/ directory pop up in the url's rewritten form, like so:

Quotemillennium.senshuu.com/mil/

Awfully redundant, huh?
I'd like to be able to phase that out of any generated url! But it's probably not possible.

Of course, it's not like the main rewritten url, millennium.senshuu.com, is a redirect of senshuu.com/mil/, and if I wanted it to be, things would get convoluted real fast with redirects here and there... So I guess I wouldn't be able to "hide" parts of URLs like directories, would I?

I hope this makes any sense. I feel totally silly for asking at all, and yet my curiosity goes wild, and my searches rarely yield anything I can get without reaaally going into this (and possibly learning a whole bunch of things I didn't intend to). XD

- I think my other question was going to be something more relating to redirects, but uh. Suddenly I don't feel the need to ask. Hehe.

EDIT: Yes, after some experimentation, I see I'd be basically redirecting a file to the same file, which is... not possible, and also dumb. XD
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?