News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

(Project 2) Jenny Art Jam Idea for Jenny Everywhere Day

Started by fesworks, July 30, 2009, 08:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fesworks

As was mentioned in the other thread, one idea is to run an Art Jam, centering around a cake or something, and people will be able to draw Jennys all around it.

I'm going to suggest that it's gonna be first come, first draw. The early artists can pick where they want to draw... of course there should be some rules, such as no covering up more than 25% of any other Jenny, though you could have yours covered up more if you want, etc...

Heck we can even try to coordinate things and play out a scene or such.

I basically would like to PRESENT this by August 13th for Jenny Everywhere Day... and then hopefully get it completed in a month.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Benj_Christensen

fesworks

I'm going to officially announce it soon on The Webcomic Beacon today and on The Jenny Everywhere site on Thursday, and the re-iterate on the next Webcomic Beacon.

I still need a Birthday Cake on a table or such.... I might draw it, or ask someone else to. Simple, cartoony, needs 8 candles, etc...

I'll start by setting up a PSD to download, with the cake. People here, in the forum, in order of posting) get first dibs on positioning their Jenny in the picture.

This will at least be a *least* 300 dpi image, 8.5"x11" (with margin?) print size. I was planning on Horizontal, but if we really don't get many people in on this, then a vertical.

The best method may be to have people take the PSD as it grows (with each character in their positions from others), but only send ME back an image with just their character (plus a lower-res, compiled save of their position with everyone else, to make sure placement, is correct). This saves on file transfer on others when it gets huge (and at 300 dpi, it will), PLUS i can post the pure, isolated art of each person when the whole thing is over and ready to go up... potentially printed as flyers or something... "trashcans" for conventions mostly, but also we can probably make high quality prints if this goes over really well... we'll see how it goes.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Zack

Oh you know I wanna piece of this :D
That one guy,
Zack

fesworks

The cake is "being baked" as of this post.

Once completed, I'll start sending it to the people (in order) that have posted it in this forum.
If any of you have ideas to interact with other Jennys, express this now.

The plan is to post the cake tomorrow on the site, as well as other things. so in case there was miscommunication, it STARTS on thursday ;)

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

(this is sort of a generalized e-mail that will be sent to everyone)

Ok, colors are not final, but this is the best I could think of when this late:
[link not publicly posted]

Diana Nock did the lines. I colored it. If anyone else has a better idea for the color, let me know.

This file is going to be sent to the people who posted in the forums (in order).

If you don't have a program that can do layers, do what you can, and let us know where you want it, and we'll place it. When one person is done, they can send the whole thing via e-mail to fesworks@gmail.com ... or if they can;t e-mail that big of file, send a hosted link, or just send you own layer, and we'll add it in.

A hard link for the Cake PSD will be updated with each new addition, but the base cake image will be available if needed.

Let me know if there are questions, comments, or concerns.

-Fes

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

Next PSD sent to El Presidente!

EDIT:

General rules for everyone:

1) Try not to cover up too much of another Jenny, table, or cake

2) You can interact with the table or cake or other Jennys, permitting "rule" 1

these sounds fair, right?

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Zack

Are you sure the cake isn't just a tad plain? Nothing personal, it's a great looking cake, just not what I was expecting...
Oh, and hopefully more people want in, or else you'll have to zoom in quite a bit :D
That one guy,
Zack

fesworks

I actually commissioned the cake to be draw (excuse to help out a friend).

It's also not exactly what I was thinking, but it works just enough. The real focus is on the Jennys of course ;)

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Zack

Suppose I had Jenny putting something on the cake, would that be allowed?
That one guy,
Zack

El Presedente

Cheers guys, Just letting you know I'll be out of town for the weekend as of this afternoon, so I'll be able to do the pencils but I won't have access to a computer to do the colouring. If a few people want to jump in ahead of me feel free to do so.

fesworks

Quote from: Zack on August 14, 2009, 01:37:28 AM
Suppose I had Jenny putting something on the cake, would that be allowed?

Yes as long as Jenny and the object doesn't totally dominate or cover too much (cake or Jennys :P )... I think you know what I mean... E-mail me your idea :P There's a few interactions I have in mind for the cake that would be cool and/or match what you have in mind.

For the record, I'll go last if we get more people in on this, which I hope.

-Fes

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

fesworks

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com