News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Jenny @ The Free Universe

Started by MadMikeyD, April 06, 2010, 08:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMikeyD

There is a new site focused on public domain and open sourced characters called "The Free Universe."
http://universe.1free.ws

It includes a profile for Jenny (along with many other characters, including the characters I created) with original artwork by the site's creator.
http://universe.1free.ws/Shifter.html

fesworks

Yes, I saw the email. I've just been so behind and such, I have not been able to get back to you about it. There was another site that put together old comic book heroes as well. I kinda like how you (I assume) made original art for all the characters, though links to existing art, or maybe to wikipedia pages at least, would also be highly useful.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

MadMikeyD

Nope, not me.  I didn't think the site owner might have contacted you as well as me.  I just thought I'd call attention to his original Jenny artwork.  I was happy to see he had included the characters I created as well.  It was the first time I'd seen them drawn by someone other than me.

MadMikeyD

Now over at the Free Universe forums they are working as a community to create new open source characters ala Jenny Everywhere. They have already created a Superman-type character called Astro-Man and are working on an armored hero.

Knight Random

And now we're developing the idea of an "open-source Avengers" team (currently called the Peacemakers) which includes Jenny Everywhere, the Outworlder, and Astro-Man.  We'd like to have more than three members so if anyone has ideas for other possible characters that might fit we would appreciate it.

fesworks

Quote from: Knight Random on August 31, 2010, 09:32:52 PM
And now we're developing the idea of an "open-source Avengers" team (currently called the Peacemakers) which includes Jenny Everywhere, the Outworlder, and Astro-Man.  We'd like to have more than three members so if anyone has ideas for other possible characters that might fit we would appreciate it.

You had that other open character's website, correct? If so, I need to get both of you guys on the Beacon sometime to talk about your websites, if at all possible. I know I've said it before, but things always fall off the back burner. :(

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

Knight Random

Nope, I've never run any websites.  Maybe you're thinking of MadMikeyD?

Unfortunately, this project seems to have more or less died out.  That's the way of the internet, I guess...

Florian R. Guillon

I've seen pictures of these characters before, but the Free Universe website seems dead. Did it all been transferred to PDSH wikia?

fesworks

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

SHYHALL10

Thanks for posting interesting link