News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Daily Life in Fur

Started by Axle Greymoon, May 26, 2010, 09:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axle Greymoon

axlegreymoon

axlegreymoon @ Yahoo.com

If I get this site it will be a comic site used for my own comics that get updated every monday and friday. I have two comics in the making but my scanner recently broke soo my comic one of them is temporarly delayed. if you want to check out the comic i have been doing go to
http://dailylifeinfur.thecomicseries.com/ it took some time to do each of those mostly about an hour for each trying to make everything perfect but my mom and brother tell me to get off the computer to do other things (I'm 17 ) soo mostly I'd have alot of comics by next year I create them to have fun. Anyway I'm getting off topic now (I'm sorry) With the webpage I would pretty much have other comics with it like Furensics and The HERO. These comics Are gonna be based off of actual life with a fantasy twist on them. I'm just starting out with my comics I had more comics but each died very rapidly cause they never got out on a site that people would like. I've never been anywhere close to good at anything else but my art and stories. (oh by the way my script for The HERO is http://www.punbb-hosting.com/forums/furryfun/viewtopic.php?id=16) My comics usually have a random side to them you never know what is gonna come up (note swearing and stuff not usually brought up though it might have the occasional dam and bastard [sorry if these are not allowed please warn me if they arent])
Xepher i wish to have "The Challenge"

Wishes you a good Day,
Axle Greymoon
when random meets a brick wall random eats it  Axle Greymoon making people laugh since 1993

Xepher

Hmm... haven't done a challenge in a while. I'm feeling sphinxish enough I guess.

1) Current event question: How would you stop the oil spill? Explain with some decent detail, specifically, why you think they haven't tried your idea yet.

2) Science multipart question: a) Why is water blue? b) Why is water REALLY blue? c) Why is heavy water not blue?

3) Throw-a-furry-a-bone question: Why a wolf? If you had to be an extinct species instead, what would it be? What about if it had to be fictional?

4) Extemporaneous subject: Counting Cats in Zanzibar... discuss.

Axle Greymoon

1) Current event question: How would you stop the oil spill? Explain with some decent detail, specifically, why you think they haven't tried your idea yet.

well I think it is stupid how they are stopping it.. they are using a chemical that is more hazardous then the oil its self. I guess i would have them use fine nets and skim the surface of the water collecting the oil and lifting it out of it. Yes I know alot of peoples vacations arent what they would think they would be because of the oil but if your helping the enviroment why wouldnt you give anything to have it better for future generations? I know it takes time but i would go help if i could id drag a net behind me while i swim to collect it if i had to. soo they havent tried because they are taking the easy road out.

2) Science multipart question: a) Why is water blue? b) Why is water REALLY blue? c) Why is heavy water not blue?

water is blue because of the absorption of the red part of the red part of visible light other then that id have to look it up. which i would say that would be cheating...but if you want to know here you go from http://www.dartmouth.edu/~etrnsfer/water.htm The absorbed photons promote transitions to high overtone and combination states of the nuclear motions of the molecule, i.e. to highly excited vibrations. our knowledge the intrinsic blueness of water is the only example from nature in which color originates from vibrational transitions.

3) Throw-a-furry-a-bone question: Why a wolf? If you had to be an extinct species instead, what would it be? What about if it had to be fictional?

I chose a wolf because I suit a person with thier animal that is close to them by social staus volume of voice energy levels and reactions and I Look into peoples soul kinda its wierd and i see the true them  I  didnt know who I was a few years ago but recently i found out who i was it was a few days out of my depression ( after i decided why should i be sad ? i should be happy) soo after that i kept looking into it and well i still dont have all the pieces ofd the puzzle but who does? if i ha to be any extinct animal (other then any form of a wolf like dire wolf or the cascade mountian wolf ) it would have to be the american cheatah. Fictional would be one of my own concaction called a terror dragon (which is a mixture between a wolf and a dragon )

4) Extemporaneous subject: Counting Cats in Zanzibar... discuss.

I do believe this is a saying which means  that it is not worth the time that it is worth but have to admit no matter what you strive for isnt everything worth time because if you feel as if you actually want to do something it is in no power can anyone tell you that your dreams are poop cause it isnt worth thier time and there are alot of people who  who are like that but not me because i think if it is important to someone go for it even if it is a 1 in an infinite possiblility chance that youll succeed, if you have the heart and mind set who am I to say that it isnt worth your time to strive for. thats what i think .
when random meets a brick wall random eats it  Axle Greymoon making people laugh since 1993

Databits

Me thinks that you completely missed the point of "The Challenge" ;)
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Axle Greymoon

ummmm...>,>""/ i answered the questions.. to the best of my ability. though i do happen to get the points of things wrong due to my mental disabillity (non verbal learning disorder) in short terms it means sometimes i dont get what things are asking or saying so... what was i suppose to do other then answer them?? cause you got me all confuzzled (confused) nows ...>,>""/  Im sooo confused on what to write now ...
  ////
<-.->'' .....meep

Xepher

Well, that point is to express your creativity and personality beyond what your art or other work (or lack there of) is able to show. The questions (and the idea behind the challenge) are intentionally a bit confusing and ambiguous, because that leaves them open to be answered in different ways. The way in which people choose to answer shows a lot about their personality and how they express themselves. You only managed direct... and well, boring... answers. Sorry, but you failed.

Axle Greymoon

well im srry <_ _> but most of my teaching for my diorder tell me to keep ontopic like at points in this you may see i get completely off track but i put all my heart and soul into this and i know it might not be what you might have wanted and yes i could have been boring but know there is alot more that lies between the layers of boring like well i dont really know how to explain it but i have will and if i dont get this thing for my application ill go searching site to site for a site that will take me so i can actually get known through my comic not for fame or fortune but rather the enjoyment of others for my work  i may be boring but isnt everyone ?? i mean heres my view on the situation i was asked a series of questions to answer the best of my abillity but other may just want to due andom things a part of my mind wanted to say that in the question of counting cats in zanzibar " Cats?? CATS??! I'd rather chase them then count them." but i ask you now didnt i give you enough to know who i am by the details of the boring answers?? look clearly interpret them thank u for your time

Axle Greymoon

i also have to say for me there isnt any other way to answer this my dad was a naval officer so i wasraised to which i have to answer seriously . also just being a furry is hard enough to do in my family drawing art isnt a choice for my family I've been told to quit drawing by EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF MY FAMILY but i keep doing it and they still make it hel just to draw soo i tell my self who are they to say that i can not do the thing i love to do? who are they to crush my dreams ?? but who am i to let them kill my dream? i say niegh my friend no one will ever stop my dream i will carry myself till the ends of the earth to make it a reality or die trying. so now i ask you: who ARE YOU??

Databits

Well, he would be the guy that just denied your application.

Look, going off on a pissed off rant isn't really going to do anything to change that, so just calm down for a moment.  Many people who apply here get rejected, it happens, but it's not the end of the world for any of them.  In most cases if they go out, find another free host (which there are many of out there), build up their work to show, and re-apply a few months down the road, they have a much higher chance.  In fact, there are quite a few people here who did just that, after having an application rejected.  Now I'm not an authoritative figure here at all, but I've been around long enough to get an idea what he's looking for.

The point of the challenge was simple; To express creativity, not just state fact or opinion.  It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from, or what sorts of habits you have.  For art, any art, creativity and thinking outside the box is very important, and I'm sure most the people here would agree on that point.  So calm down, step back, and rethink this a bit.
(o.O)    

Axle Greymoon

oh dont worry if i was pissed i ruin the site (yes i do have the abillity ) but im not mad believe me i thougt explianing my self would be better yes i was mad but not when i wrote that i understood your views on it i get denined alot (aka my family) i was just trying to explain my self if i cae out anger y i didn't mean too i understood there was no chance on getting it *sigh* but i thought id try anyway well back to my endevors
your good pal,

Axle Greymoon

P.S. i seriously wasnt mad and am a bit insulted you thought so but i forgive you guys <^,^>/ i understand you get alot of crud everyday and you'll prolly wont see me again my friends soo have a good summer and for any birthday i miss happy birthday. wishes u well.\<^,^>/

Xepher

Hey, just for the record, I'm not saying "give up on your dreams" or that I'm some great arbiter of what you should or should not do... I just look for creativity as a condition of something I give away FOR FREE. I pay for this out of my own pocket, and well, to be blunt about it, I can do whatever the frak I want. Am I a bit particular about who I select? Yes, sure I am. Don't take it too hard though. I'm just saying you don't qualify for a free site here. By all means, go and do the best you can and follow your dreams. "Ad astra per aspera" and all that. :-)

Rustcrust

'Scuse... I don't know if it s my place to comment on this, or even my right to post in the thread, but I would appreciate an on-topic discourse. Is there any sort of... renewal period, possibly, within which one could make another stab? Mayhap in a period of your choosing, Axle could become better acquainted with what you ask, develop some ideas further, and make a more acceptable presentation. An artist of any sort should always strive to improve themselves with each stroke of brush or pen or key, and it would be a shame to deprive a fully developed creative a second shot. Sorry, I went on a bit.
"It will not be long, before the dawn brother! I shall be the herald of this black sunrise, seeping salvation across the land, and all will know the peace of inexistance!"

Databits

I think I already mentioned it, and while I can't speak for Xepher directly on this, many people have come back and re-applied again at a later time.
(o.O)    

Xepher

Yeah, the general policy is 6 months, but the idea is that there is genuine improvement during that time, so that the new application addresses the issues for which the old one was rejected. It doesn't apply as well to a "challenge" gig though, since that's not going to improve. Hmm... does that make any sense?

What I'm trying to say is, if you have actual art and comics to show in 6 months, you can reapply.

Rustcrust

Ah i see. Again, I didn't mean to threadjack.
Thank you both.
While I'm at it, Data I love your Avatar. Hellsing is a godsend to good dialogue, vampire, and wide brimmed hat enthusiasts.

Xepher, was... that a direct comment to me, about my chance to reapply in lieu of telling me in my own thread? I am a bit unclear on that (Addendum: Rescinded). Personally, I would consider the challenge a chance for bonus points to their overall applicability (Is that even a word? Hmmm.) as opposed to an opportunity to detract. Of course, as is often the case with me I should have done my research better.
Either way, I respect what you do here.
"It will not be long, before the dawn brother! I shall be the herald of this black sunrise, seeping salvation across the land, and all will know the peace of inexistance!"