News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

User Services Link

Started by MHPayne, July 26, 2010, 10:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MHPayne

X:

I'd had a thought over the weekend down at Comic Con and wanted to check the little banners I uploaded through the User Services link last year.  But when I click on "User Services" there on the xepher.net main page, Firefox tells me "This Connection is Untrusted" and that it can't confirm that my connection is secure.  Could you please take a look when you get a chance?

Thanks!
                         Mike from pandora.xepher.net

Xepher

This is explained on the help page. http://xepher.net/help.php Basically, it's always going to be like that, so just add an exception.

Databits

He's using a self-signed certificate, which just means he didn't pay out the ass for a real one (cheapest ones are at godaddy though).  If you really want him to use a trusted cert, he probably could get one, but they aren't cheap.  People would need to donate up to around $100+/yr more if it's outside his budget. :P
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

MHPayne

OK:

I should probably just stick with Netscape Navigator--every time I use Firefox, it's warning me about this, that, or the other...  :)

Thanks!
                                 Mike

Xepher

Those warnings are to keep you (and your information) safe. You're not giving me (or my website) any personal information (beyond an email address anyway) so it's okay to bypass the warnings.