News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Accounts Pending Deletion

Started by Xepher, April 19, 2010, 07:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

UPDATE UPDATE: I've finally deleted all the non-responsive sites. Yeah, longest two weeks EVER. :-)
UPDATE: Sites who haven't responded have been disabled. You've got two weeks before I delete things.

It's that time of the year again... time to see who has abandoned their sites and stopped updating. I just sent an email to the on-file addresses of about 2 dozen users who have not updated in over a year. In a week, I'll disable said accounts if I haven't heard from them, and eventually they'll be removed if I still don't hear anything. Do note that this email was sent to the address on file... so it's a good time to remind everyone to log into user services and make sure your email address is up to date. If you find it's not, please update it, and let me know if you're worried that you may be one of the accounts pending deletion.

Xepher

Alright, time to start disabling accounts. I got replies from about 8 people, so the rest get disabled for a few weeks, to see if that garners their attention. Deletion after that. Pay attention people! :-)

Xepher

Alright, so I just now got around to actually disabling the accounts that haven't responded. Two weeks, and I'll delete them if I haven't heard from the owners. (Well, okay, it could be longer if I forget again, but at least 2 weeks.)

wist

I might have misunderstood something, but were emails sent to everyone being hosted, or just those who haven't updated?

Xepher

Just those who haven't updated. And as per above, the accounts that I never heard from have since been disabled. If you're website is working, you have nothing to worry about.

Xepher

Alright, finally got around to deleting things. Long two weeks, eh?

Xepher.net is now down to 101 regular members, which doesn't include nepotism sites for my own projects or real life friends.

fesworks

*checks site*

*WHEW*

Oh good. I kinda haven't updated some of my sites for a while, and got worried. But they are still there. I'm hoping to rectify some of their non-updated-ness-es

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com