News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Issues With WinSCP.

Started by Topknot, November 08, 2010, 12:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topknot

Hey there! I just got a site here on Xepher and I'm already having issues. >:

I've gone though the help page and done some Googleing and haven't found a resolution so I'm turning to the forums.

I downloaded the WinSCP program, and am attempting to get it to work. On the Help page it says that I need to, "...fire it up and set the server to be "xepher.net" then hit connect." There is no connect button, but ignoring that, I entered the host name and got this error message, "Invalid Access To Memory. OK/Help." Clicking "OK" closes the program, and clicking "Help" offers to check the program's site. When I click OK on that box I get this error message, "Access violation at address 00516841 in module 'WinSCP.exe.' Read of address 00000070." Clicking OK on that leads me back to the ivalad message and clicking OK on that closes the program. Entering my user name and password results in similar issues.

Help for the Topknot, please?

-Topknot

Xepher

Either your download was corrupted, or the thing is just crashing, possibly because of some bug. First, try downloading it again, from a different mirror if possible, and reinstall it. Make sure your virus scanner reports it as clean too, since a virus infection can cause the exact same sorts of errors as a corrupt download. There have been some similar bugs with winSCP, especially on Vista, so if that's the case, you can try an older version, or just wait until they fix the bug and release a new version. Alternately, you can try another program instead. Filezilla is pretty decent http://filezilla-project.org/ and supports SFTP as well.

Databits

Right, something like this is a program error, not a service error.  There's something wrong with the copy of WinSCP you have.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]