News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Topknot's Archive

Started by Topknot, November 02, 2010, 08:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topknot

First, allow me to start off by saying that I have carefully read and reread all of the rules, instructions, and guidelines. If, for some reason, I missed something or have done something incorrectly, please let me know so I can rectify the situation. I have often toyed with the idea of joining this site, as I have a friend who seems to like it a lot, but the application process has always seemed too daunting, but I'm sucking it up and am going to apply.

Desired Username: topknot

Email: topknot UNDERSCORE dragonbane AT hotmail DOT com

Site Description: It's stated on the info page that, "Static "archive" sites may be allowed, but only if they provide a decently large amount of content to begin with." An archive is just what I am looking to have here at Xepher, and I have over 1000 images that currently need hosting, with more to be added nearly every single day.

Pitch: As stated above, I would really love to have an archive type site here. Photobutcket, DeviantArt, and FurAffinity don't really have what I'm looking for, i.e., super simple image storage and a "community" free place to give to people curious about my art. Some sort of super simple gallery type setup would be nice, though not necessary. If I understand correctly, this is something I would need to code myself, but I won't have the resources for that until December at the earliest.

For examples of my art, you can visit the following places:

My DeviantArt: http://capt-topknot.deviantart.com/

My FurAffinity: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/capt-topknot/

My Website: www.thisthatand.webs.com

While I do have my own website, it's a simple Webs one, built on a template. I do have experience building websites, both for fun and professionally, but none of these are online anymore. I learned to build websites with the help of Dreamweaver and, as I stated above, I don't have that right now and won't until at least December.

Thanks for your time,

-Topknot

Xepher

Okay, so your art isn't the best, but it's still shows that you're trying. How about website creation though? Your "site" linked above is only a template based thing. You get direct file access here (it's SCP, but similar to FTP) with no templates/generators/etc. Can you make a website here and run it? You're welcome to install something like Wordpress or Gallery to handle things, but you have to at least be able to do that more or less on your own. Well, you're welcome to use the help of anyone that's willing. I just mean, can you do it without help from ME? :-)

Topknot

I fiddled with Wordpress and with the help of a friend have got that all figured out. It's all set up and ready to go.

Xepher

Okay, you're in. You should have an email with login information. Please let me know if you have any questions.