News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Additional add options

Started by w0lfmare, March 06, 2014, 09:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w0lfmare

There doesn't seem to be a "suggestions" section here, so I'll ask it as a question.

After looking into Google Adsense and Project wonderful, I've found that while project wonderful is close, neither are quite what I'm looking for, if possible, how might I go about getting other ads approved?

Comic Rocket's webcomic ad service stands out in my mind as one likely to be approved.

Xepher

I'm happy to consider anything you want to suggest. Can you give me a link to the service and their policies on ad content? First thing is to make sure they don't allow disruptive ads (pop ups/unders, auto-play sounds, etc.) and for me to get a general impression of their service.

w0lfmare

This is their advertiser agreement, it doesn't mention pop-up ads in particular, but it seems implied https://www.comic-rocket.com/ads/advertiser-agreement/

Also, it fully understand this statement in their advertiser agreement "Comic Rocket will consider applications for Advertisers consistent with Comic Rocket's vision, mission, and purpose." I recommend having a look at their "About" section https://www.comic-rocket.com/about/

Xepher

Alright, I'll give it the greenlight for now. Once you get setup with it, let me know, so I can take a look at things in situ.

w0lfmare

Alright it's set up, It doesn't seem to have pop-ups or anything and it straight up asked me what rating I wanted displayed, only problems I see is it takes a sec to load

Xepher

I reloaded a few times, all basically other comics being advertised, so no problem there. As long as it's not doing pop-ups, or adult-rated stuff, we're good I think.

w0lfmare

Yeah it seems to check out on my end too, I just started making money on it today, but that was because I messed up with installing it.

If you plan on mentioning it along with the other approved adds, you'll probably want to make the "PG" check box mandatory. (It gives you a rating choice when you set it up)

w0lfmare

It's been around four months now and I'd just like to say I'm still pleased with Comic Rocket's ad service. I also got a Project wonderful ad up, and for now, Comic Rocket seems to be doing better.

Xepher