News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Favorite Characters, And Why You Like Them

Started by w0lfmare, February 28, 2015, 11:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w0lfmare

Do you have a favorite Bloodline character or characters? What do you like about them?

I always find it interesting to hear from fans why they like a certain character, because different fans like characters for different things. It's like seeing my characters through someone else's point of view! If you like a character, please share it with us ^^

NinjaCatSoCool

I like Keine because he acts like me and looks derpy :P
Nom nom nom nom

WriterOfAlicrow

I guess Ember's my favorite. Partly because she likes books and is inquisitive and such like I am, and partly just because she's the only one I really have any sense of. None of the characters really stand out at this point, but that's normal. Characters that "really stand out" are ones like Adrian Monk, Hannibal Lector, Sheldon Cooper, et cetera. The crazy/disfunctional ones. I find them to be very entertaining. Flaws make the character, and with more normal characters, you don't get to see their flaws right away.

Takes me a while to get to know characters, though, and I have a feeling we'll get to know them better now that the plot's really picked up. See their reactions in the aftermath of the escape attempt. (I'm having some trouble telling Cole and Bernin apart due to physical similarities. Maybe one could fall into a vat of permanent red fur dye or something?)

w0lfmare

Quote from: WriterOfAlicrow on April 23, 2015, 02:55:10 AM
I guess Ember's my favorite. Partly because she likes books and is inquisitive and such like I am, and partly just because she's the only one I really have any sense of. None of the characters really stand out at this point, but that's normal. Characters that "really stand out" are ones like Adrian Monk, Hannibal Lector, Sheldon Cooper, et cetera. The crazy/disfunctional ones. I find them to be very entertaining. Flaws make the character, and with more normal characters, you don't get to see their flaws right away.

Takes me a while to get to know characters, though, and I have a feeling we'll get to know them better now that the plot's really picked up. See their reactions in the aftermath of the escape attempt. (I'm having some trouble telling Cole and Bernin apart due to physical similarities. Maybe one could fall into a vat of permanent red fur dye or something?)

It's definitely easier to follow Ember's character as opposed to the others, especially since the story has mostly been from her perspective so far.

Also it's good to hear from you again Daniel! I hope your story has been getting the attention it deserves.

WriterOfAlicrow

Quote from: w0lfmare on April 23, 2015, 04:42:43 AM

It's definitely easier to follow Ember's character as opposed to the others, especially since the story has mostly been from her perspective so far.

Also it's good to hear from you again Daniel! I hope your story has been getting the attention it deserves.

Well, it gets a lot of attention from spammers. 160 spam comments so far, and a heck of a lot more (496534) stopped by my anti-spam plugin. Nearly impossible to tell how many people are actually reading it (Google Analytics cannot separate spam traffic from reader traffic). Probably not many. Need to run some Project Wonderful ads or something, but ads need art, and I'm still trying to figure out what my species look like. (Might also need to rewrite early chapters because I had no idea where I was going back then)

Looks like Bloodline's doing pretty well, though. You've got at least 7 people who like the comic enough to actually pay you to make it!

Kamaro

Bernin, no question.

Yeah, he's headstrong and kinda left Ember out to dry, but he's also confident and doesn't back down from a fight.

Also, he has the potential for a falcon punch. Someday...

w0lfmare

Quote from: WriterOfAlicrow on April 23, 2015, 01:31:24 PM

Well, it gets a lot of attention from spammers. 160 spam comments so far, and a heck of a lot more (496534) stopped by my anti-spam plugin. Nearly impossible to tell how many people are actually reading it (Google Analytics cannot separate spam traffic from reader traffic). Probably not many. Need to run some Project Wonderful ads or something, but ads need art, and I'm still trying to figure out what my species look like. (Might also need to rewrite early chapters because I had no idea where I was going back then)

Looks like Bloodline's doing pretty well, though. You've got at least 7 people who like the comic enough to actually pay you to make it!

Right now I can't tell if people are trying to spam or not. I use WP-SpamShield, and it seems to be working really well. I'm not sure what there is for online stories, but putting Bloodline on webcomic lists really helped.

Quote from: Kamaro on April 24, 2015, 05:38:34 AM
Also, he has the potential for a falcon punch. Someday...

We can only hope =P

Nutter64

Well I have two
First Cole
Why? He is the most laid back of the three he also the only one that will go out of his way to help others I think that he could grow into a very interesting character. I also think he may have the ability to use very powerful magic but he just doesn't care about actually getting down to learning how to use it properly.
Second is Echo due to the fact I think he has obviously gone through a very traumatising event when he was younger he also knows the shrowded truth about Briarwood and I'm hoping in time he will finally tell his story and reveal what happened to the town and Ember, Cole and Bernins Mother.
The Road Less Travelled is Never Travelled Alone.

w0lfmare

Quote from: Nutter64 on May 01, 2015, 09:02:34 AM
Well I have two
First Cole
Why? He is the most laid back of the three he also the only one that will go out of his way to help others I think that he could grow into a very interesting character. I also think he may have the ability to use very powerful magic but he just doesn't care about actually getting down to learning how to use it properly.
Second is Echo due to the fact I think he has obviously gone through a very traumatising event when he was younger he also knows the shrowded truth about Briarwood and I'm hoping in time he will finally tell his story and reveal what happened to the town and Ember, Cole and Bernins Mother.

Well put!

I'm glad that Cole's compassion was noticeable, despite his lack of "screen time".

prototype99

My favourite's ember, but I like echo quite a lot too there's something about him that's quite interesting! I like flint too not his personality but his appearance because I like black and red A LOT.

RogueSpartan01

my favorite 2 characters are Ember because because we see more of her and know her more and the new healing class character in chapter 2 whose name has not yet been disclosed because who doesn't like a good healer.
Im still waiting on a good MMO style music video parody of I need a hero named I need a healer.
If that exists tell me.
"English I speak good yes?" AlChestBreach 20 whatever