News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Mail Server Down

Started by kschnee, July 16, 2015, 01:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kschnee

Using Thunderbird, I'm unable to send mail, getting an error that says "mail server unavailable". It's happened a couple of times recently. When I use the Webmail interface, I'm unable to log in; the site never responds to my login.

The main xepher.net page has "announcements" that are a bunch of SQL errors.

Xepher

PHP was upgraded, explaining the errors on the front page. I can't believe I didn't notice those earlier. As for mail... I use thunderbird daily myself, and haven't had problems.  Webmail I'm looking into, but if you can let me know what errors you get with thunderbird that will help.

Xepher

I think I've fixed the webmail issue as well. Please let me know if you're still having problems. And, of course, the details of those problems.

kschnee

Thanks for the reply.

Using the Webmail interface just now, I tried sending a test message to myself. The response on hitting Send: "An error occurred! Failed to send message." That's all. I enabled all cookies for this test. I am able to view messages, though.

Using Thunderbird, when I hit Send for a message, I get a delay on "Connected to xepher.net...", followed by (in this case) "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  Service temporarily unavailable.. Please check the message recipient tsa-talk@lists.integral.org and try again." Same when sending to myself.

Xepher

*facepalm* An error log for the webserver filled up the root partition, and the mail server couldn't make temporary files for message handling. I cleared out the large log files and things seem to be working again.

kschnee

It seems to be working again. Thank you!