News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Who's donating some money during the Holidays this year?

Started by Gwyn, October 18, 2005, 01:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwyn

I will be, to http://www.childsplaycharity.org/. I've decided that I'm donating my usual Christmas gift budget to Childs Play this year (as long as they do expand to Cananda like they said they would).

I kinda hate the whole materialistic feeling of Christmas anyway and whoever gets mad at me for not buying them a nice big present, well fuck them, they clearly wern't in it for the egg nog and jolly times with family and friends anyway.

I'm sure my money would be better used for sick children than buying some junk for people I don't talk to much anyway. I'll still probably get a small gift, maybe hand made or personal for my close family and close friends. No more buying junk for my long lost aunt because she'll bring it up at the next family reunion. And no more buying stuff for someone I haven't even talked to in 2 years because she'll bitch me out about it next time I see her.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

griever

I probably will donate some...it depends on how much I have left over.  I don't donate to childsplay, unfortuantely, but I go through my parents' church.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

I (or rather "xepher.net") gave $100 to child's play last year. I'll likely do the same this year. Maybe I should donate it in Jack Thompson's name.

thefemnazi

I don't donate money, but I like to knit up a few handmade things and donate them to charities like the Linus Project.  I like to think that when they get a hand-made toy or blanket, they know that someone wants them to enjoy the world for at least a day or two.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Gwyn

We could pool our money and try to make a giant xepher.net donation, see if we can get you listed os Epic. :p
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Ashley_Rose

I usually give to the humane society, children's hospital, children's ward, and my bank has a gift tree that I usually snag three tags from. I try to help. I don't give to the Salvation Army for personal reasons, but I try to fill the gap up with other places too.

We should definitely try to do that. Though, I say let's ignore JT, he's not worth ruining the spirit of coolness for.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Databits

My family already pitched in and donated for the hurricane relief fund this year. I myself can't afford to make any more donations as I kinda need what little funds I have remaining. Maybe sometime in the future once I have a job and some income flowing to my account, not just out of it. ;)
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Lei

I'm broke as it is and my family is one of those "we want to help ourselves first" kind of people. But I'd donate what I could to the march of dimes; I volunteer for them already anyways.
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Databits

I will never donate to march of dimes. Being that that's exactly what they give out of each dollar donated... 10%. If I'm going to donate money I expect that it all go to the ones I'm donating for, not the organization itself.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

thefemnazi

that's one of the reasons I tend to donate toys.  No one but the child is going to see any profit from my toys.  :)
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.