News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

would you rather?

Started by thefemnazi, October 19, 2005, 12:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefemnazi

So, I've started a new journaling idea with my students, and thought it would be fun here as well.  Feel free to post your answers and your own 'rathers.'

Would you rather wear clothes that are 10 years out of fashion or your underwear on your head?

Note, if any of you post really good ones, I'd like permission to use them in my classroom.  :)
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Gwyn

Clothes that are ten years out of fashion will soon be in fashion anyway (the 1600's is where it's at!). I'd go for the underwear thing.

And personaly I'd rather stick boxers on my head, because you can get them to stand up or flop around a bit better than any other type of underwear (womens or men). I like to pretend I'm a superhero sometimes. I don't know if I would one day just do it and go out in public, but if someone said, "Hey Gwyn, you know what would make you even cooler?"

"What."

"If you put these boxers/breifs/panties/etc. on your head all day."

"Why I'd LOVE TO!"

Yo wouldn't even have to pay me, as long as I can get someone to laugh it's all good.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

tickyhead

Wearing underpants on your head is fun. I did it once out of a dare (from my dad no less) and I liked it so much I spent the majority of the day with tighty-whities on my head. Never tried boxers, sounds like fun though. (this suddenly reminded me of pantsman for some reason.....)

but anyway yes, after the pith helmet, deviruchi hat (RO reference! run awaaaay!), half a darth vader mask, the giant striped raver hat, the mad hatter hat, the pumpkin beret, and that crazy medusa get-up, wearing underwear on my head would be pretty much normal. (Especially around Santa Cruz. I'm more likely to stare in awe someone dressed in normal clothes than a guy with an accordian and a suit made of bubblewrap)

And just as gwyn said, stuff from 10 years ago will always come back in style. I bet my mom wishes she kept those clothes from the 70s about now ;)
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Lei

I don't like style. I don't care. I'll walk anywhere in anything... as long as I'm fully covered :D But the under wear on your head thing sounds fun! Most people know me as the wierd little girl now that does stupid things, so I doubt they'll be all that surprised. Plus I like embarrassing my buddies :)

Would you rather sit in a public bench pretending to crash an airplane or make out with a bag od potato chips (on the bench)?

Sadly enough, I have seen my friends to both, but never in public. Heh heh
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Xepher

Would you rather drive in carefully scheduled circles for 8-10 hours a day, or reinstall windows several dozen times a week?

Oh... wait... That's right, I have no life!

Gwyn

Quote from: XepherWould you rather drive in carefully scheduled circles for 8-10 hours a day, or reinstall windows several dozen times a week?

I think I'd take the windows thing.

griever

I'd rather wear clothes 10 years out of fashion.  People can see underwear all the time (all thong wearers should pull up their pants please!).  It's not a novelty now.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Lei

Quote from: XepherWould you rather drive in carefully scheduled circles for 8-10 hours a day, or reinstall windows several dozen times a week?

I would like to... I have to deal with people either way, right? I'll take computers then

Databits

I'd take the windows thing too. Then again, windows isn't hard to install so it's pretty much set it to go and let it be till it's done. At least that's been my experience in every windows installation I can think of that isn't pre 98.

Edit: On a side note, my server is now up and running. Elipsis is online! This doesn't mean much now, but hopefully I can have some sort of multiplayer game programmed up and running sometime in the near future. Currently I'm experimenting in writing server code under Linux. This is a first for me. I successfully wrote a small server for Windows, but then again from what I can tell, sockets are sockets eh? ;)

I think I'll join Xepher's "I've got no life" club :P
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Gwyn

oh man I totaly thought you ment GLASS WINDOWS hahahahahahaha

thefemnazi

yeah, me too.
we can be cool together.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Tangle

I'd do underwear on my head, simply because I wear clothes 10 years out of fashion anyway.  Yeah, that's right, I raid my mom's closet.  I am so cool.  Or maybe cheap.

Lei

my clothes are probably older than my moms >_> She's girly, not me (Feel sorry for here... heh heh)

arent we in Xepher's no life club?

AskZeek

Hmm, 90's grunge is better then 80's aweful, so yeah.  I'll go with that.
When all the player's die...  the DM wins!

Kira Dwenna

How about clothes 1000 years out of fashion?  (give or take a couple of hundred ;) )

Just think:  No zippers, no buttons....nothing but ties, ties, and more ties!

It's grand fun to design a medieval/renaissance costume too!  Mine's going to have 181 holes in the shirt to tie the sleeves onto the bodice (and together ^^), and 6 to keep the skirt from falling completely off of me! XD

But, going back to the original question, I have noticed that updated versions of bellbottoms are back in style now, so the 80s (and 90s) are probably next in line.  So underwear is probably more of a novelty.  
If you make people put on what they actually wear that is. ;)
Sometimes I feel unreal;
A wrapped up box with nothing in it,
I reach out and I touch my limit.