News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

NaNoWriMo 2005!

Started by Tangle, October 19, 2005, 06:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangle

Out of curiosity, who else is planning on participating in NaMoWriMo this year?  I must be nuts to be trying it.  Heh.  

So, if you're doing it, do you think you'll make it?  (probably not)  What's your novel going to be about?  (pretentious lesbians)  Have you done it before? (no)  How did that go?  

I'm excited.

Gwyn

Lesbians FTW!

and no, no I wont be doing it because I have the writing skill of an 8 year old.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Ashley_Rose

I'm sure I'll try.

And fail.

LOL.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Xepher

I tried it last year, and failed. I'm debating giving it another go, but man... I can barely find time to run xepher.net these days. So I don't think I'll make it. The story would be the failed attempt from last year, reworked so as to avoid the same failure (hopefully.)

Basically a sci-fi story. Nuclear engineering is "quaint" and so the main character only finds a job by volunteering to go spend time training aliens on a recently contacted world that's a few centuries behind earth in technology. Things aren't always as they seem though, and...

But enough of that. It needs to be told properly, as this is a story I've had in my head for nearly a decade now. If I don't get it done this time, I will write it eventually.

Lei

Same here I faile miserably :D But my friend I invited last year is trying so if I get a lot of things out of the way this month I'll be right in there.

I'd be writing about... well, it's long and tough and difficult to explain, so just forget about it :D
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Tangle

Hurrah!

Gwyn:  I'm sure that's not true.  PEER PRESSURE DO IT.  

Ashley:  Yay!  You win.  We can fail together.

Xepher:  Sounds intriguing.  I hope it get written, if not now, eventually.  And I can't tell you how much I appreciate your work for Xepher.net.  I know it's a huge committment.  Good luck with everything!

Lei:  Go for it!  And it can't be that long or diffucult to explain.  I mean, the entire Odyssey can be summarized to "Man pisses off god.  Has long journey home."

P.S.  Those of you who are participating, how are you going about it?  Just plunging straight in with only the vaguest ideas?  Do you have outlines?

Databits

I'm good at writing up D&D campaigns, but not writing in general. So probably not. I'm a game designer not a story writer... even though both are just as important in a game. ;-)
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

griever

I enjoy my mental sanity.  It's powered by watching my friends enter Nano and then crying for the next month.

That sounds terribly cruel, but sometimes, I have to wonder.  I have friends who have been entering that for a while now and they always agonize.  I think they're all literary masochists.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

Quote from: grieverI think they're all literary masochists.
But you repeat yourself. Seriously, don't literary asperations and masochism go hand-in-hand? Or have I been doing it wrong all these years?

Ashley_Rose

Quote from: DatabitsI'm good at writing up D&D campaigns, but not writing in general. So probably not. I'm a game designer not a story writer... even though both are just as important in a game. ;-)
Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a can can dancer!

Sorry. ROTFLMAO. I can't help myself sometimes.

Xeph, I've said it before, but I'll publicly announce it, I'll totally do it if you do it.

lol.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

tickyhead

Quote from: grieverI enjoy my mental sanity.  It's powered by watching my friends enter Nano and then crying for the next month.
I'm sure I'd enjoy sanity too, if it hadn't gotten eaten by all those musicals.

So yeah I guess I'll do it then. This seems to be my year for doing stupid things anyway. Worst case scenario I can still brag to my friends that I got carpal tunnel or something. Picking an idea might be hard though...(Quick! A duel to the death! Last idea left standing wins!)

Well anyway, should be fun considering I have no idea what I'm getting myself into.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Miluette

I hope to try this sometime! But November is my Hectic Month, it so happens. I love writing though, and I could do it all day. All month, I'm not sure, but I'll test myself in a couple years anyway. <3 It should be fun, if I pick the right thing to write about.

On that note, I'm not sure if, when I finally do this, I'll use one of my many queued-up story ideas in my brain or totally fly by the sear of my pants. The former would be more immediately fulfilling... but the latter would be more random and fun. A much bigger test, definitely.

I know someone who's entering this. Introduced me to it, really. I'm going to point and laugh at her all month. Haw haw! *tomatoed*
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Xepher

Quote from: Ashley_RoseXeph, I've said it before, but I'll publicly announce it, I'll totally do it if you do it.
Well then... guess whose November just got a lot more difficult!

I'm gonna make a real attempt this year. I figure writing is one of the few "jobs" that would ever let me live the lifestyle I want. That is to say, slack around for the majority of the time, hang out on beaches and in forests a lot, and drink heavily while "on the job." :-)  I need to find out if I can ever have the perseverance to see a full-sized project through to the end, or if I should give up such notions and move on to other options.

Ashley_Rose

BAHAHAHAHAA! That's what I like to hear! Whoo hoo!

thefemnazi

for me, who is still getting back into her swing of creativity for herself, summarize Nano?

Sorry, but i spent the last four years putting all my creativity into things like that masturbation lesson and puppets about different religions.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.