News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Help Pick a Title

Started by Aetre, August 15, 2005, 02:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aetre

the votes here, plus in other places around the net, will help me decide on a title for the novel i'm just about done writing.

the working title has been, "An Oblivion's Indigo," but there are a number of alternatives that would also fit nicely. so pick the one that sounds best to you.

the options are:

Sovereigns
The Story of Oblivion
Colors of Sovereignty
Worlds to Rise Above
An Oblivion
"Not even the Human can stop me now..."

Tye

Quote from: Aetrethe votes here, plus in other places around the net, will help me decide on a title for the novel i'm just about done writing.

the working title has been, "An Oblivion's Indigo," but there are a number of alternatives that would also fit nicely. so pick the one that sounds best to you.

the options are:

Sovereigns
The Story of Oblivion
Colors of Sovereignty
Worlds to Rise Above
An Oblivion

Xepher

Colors of Sovereignty sounds the best to me

Oblivion's Indigo sounds goth-heavy, "The Story Of..." sounds dull. "Worlds to Rise Above" is too long, and "Rise Above" is a cliched phrase. Colors of Sovereignty really sounds like something I should be trying to figure out as I read it.

tickyhead

man, I'm horrible at naming anything >< but I'll give it a try.

I gotta agree with Xepher that Colors of Sovreignty sounds the best. It just....does...I dunno, I'm a feeeeeeling kind of person, ya know? XD An Oblivion's Indigo doesn't have a whole lot of "roll off the tongue" appeal, Sovreigns is probably used, and The Story of Oblivion sounds like something out of a cheap, dime-a-dozen fantasy comic. Worlds to Rise Above would be my second choice, to me it's not too long and it sounds a bit descriptive of the story (from the single sentence description you wrote XD).

Either way it sounds like an interesting read.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

thefemnazi

I think that Colors of Sovreignty sounds best.  That's the one I would pick up and read the dust jacket on, anyway.  Is it sad that I call a dust jacket by it's proper name?
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Miluette

I really like Worlds to Rise Above. That rings with me.

My second would be Colors of Sovereignty. Somehow though, somehow it seems more common. The other one, just...Yeah...<3
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?

Kira Dwenna

I don't know why, but the Colors of Sovreignty title seems like it ought to be the name of the series.  Then you can use An Oblivion
Sometimes I feel unreal;
A wrapped up box with nothing in it,
I reach out and I touch my limit.

Aetre

*late response*

i like the theme idea... heh, now if only it fit into the story at all...

will keep that in mind, though. my next "big project" is likely going to be an ongoing series. i'll start putting that online as soon as i get a few details straight in my head.

meantime, the rough draft for An Oblivion's Indigo is done... what i've decided i'll do is, i'll let the beta readers decide what's most appropriate after they read it. so far i've got one vote for An Oblivion's Indigo and about nine or so pending. anyone who wants to be a beta, just email me.

edit: ooh, and i figured out what i'd write on the back cover of the book as a teaser, too:

--

"Two space colonies launched from Earth. One would return after fifty years; the other would explore the stars and, by design, never see Earth again. But the colonists who came back realized soon after landing that, while they had been touring other planets, they had missed a fairly important event back at home: the Apocalypse.

"Now, Lucifer has a plan to use these two colonies--which carry within them the precious last existing souls of humanity--to infiltrate heaven and exact revenge on God and His followers. To do this, the fallen angel will start with a single soul by the name of Foster Hayes..."

--

so yep. there ya go.
"Not even the Human can stop me now..."

dragyn

Okay...Definitely the kind of story my brother would read.  Very chilling paragraphs, there.