News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

NaNoWriMo 2005!

Started by Tangle, October 19, 2005, 06:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kira Dwenna

That is the most insane product from a group of confused minds that I have ever seen.

I wanna do it, too.....
Sometimes I feel unreal;
A wrapped up box with nothing in it,
I reach out and I touch my limit.

Kira Dwenna

I'm a little late to enter, though.  :/
That and the time.  Oh ye fates!  The lack of time! T_T

Next year!
Sometimes I feel unreal;

Xepher

You can start late, you just have to try and still finish on time.

tickyhead

jeez, fast novelists.... collective word count so far is 86,245,781

I'm happy to know I contribute a good 279 to that! Huzzah! XD (considering I just starts about 15 minutes ago I'd say I'm doing well)
by the way, I'm tickyhead on nanowrimo if anyone wants a writing buddy~ :P

and now back to your previously scheduled program.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Aetre

yep, i won't be able to finish this year. best of luck, all!
"Not even the Human can stop me now..."

tickyhead

hah, there's no chance I'd ever finish. Still fun though, and it's good practice.

That or I'm just REALLY masochistic....XD

Xepher

2300 hours, MST, 11-08-2005: Word count=4151.

Hmm... not exactly on course there. That's not quite 8% of the minimum, and we're 25% through the month. On the other hand, I've really only had two sessions of writing, so if you count that as 4 hours work, it's not bad at all! ;-)

Lei

oh yeah.. well...

1000 hours, November 9th, word count = 0.

I really gotta get cracking.
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Kira Dwenna

Quote from: XepherYou can start late, you just have to try and still finish on time.
I'm insane, not psychotic.

....yet. >.< ;)

Thank you for the encouragement, but I think I'll ascribe to the challenger status next year.  Wouldn't be wise to make my professors angry at me, after all.... ^^;;
Sometimes I feel unreal;

Xepher

Well, I've made it nowhere. Anyone else get any progress done?

tickyhead

nope! Not like I was actually planning on winning anyway, but it was fun while it lasted. I'll probably pick up on the one I was planning later just for fun. Or delete it, never to return to wreck havoc upon computer screens again.

Now back to my cultural anthropology ethnography, RPG system, and 6+ other writing projects I've got going.......

Aetre

i think i'll do this thing whereby December and January get melded into one giant "write 100,000 words" contest, seeing as how i have this huuuuuuuuuuge break and a typewriter at my disposal (and nothing better to do with the time).
"Not even the Human can stop me now..."

Lei

I started (surprise!) but I saved it on a USB JumpDrive which was then borrowed by a certain brother and lost...

But I did get a new Drive out of it so I'm OKAY
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Tangle

I made it about 20,000 words in.  I've discovered that I'm a really slow, meticulous writer.  Except when drunk.  I am planning on continuing working on it though.  I guess I'll just have to pull a Hemingway and write the entire rest of it while smashed, otherwise it will take me years, haha.  The drunk bits seem like the best ones, anyway.

Miluette

I'm entering JaNoWriMo. <3 January = much better time.
And wasn't it you who told me,
"The sun would always chase the day"?