News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Science Fiction Readers:

Started by Lei, October 21, 2005, 02:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lei

Hey I'm doing a project on the accuracy of science fiction... and I thought, hey, why not interview some readers and see what they think? I mean, there's creativity and originality right there, and it should be... interesting.

So, if it gets ok'ed, who wants to be my guinea pigs? We could just chat over msn, aim or yahoo (I'm not sure if my google talk is working right now). I don't really need it to be serious or anything either, I just want some material to work with.

tell me if you're interested and add me:

aim : quicksilver3093
msn : lei_xang22@hotmail.com
yahoo : dragonfly7621@yahoo.ca
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Xepher

I'm at work right now, so can't add you, but feel free to bug me when you see me sign on. I like to think I know quite a bit about it, seeing as I fancy myself a writer. Heck, I've even had a college course that was devoted entirely to sci-fi.

AIM: Xepher42

Databits

I've only read R.A. Salvator and H.P. Lovecraft anytime recently... so as far as sci-fi goes... heh nope.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Lei

same here. I've read a few but there are rarely any sci-fi books that interest me. The only reason my group picked it is cause... we're all avid readers and it was the only one of our science topics that had anything to do with reading :D

Yay! *Guinea Pig #1 - Xepher*
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

rozencrantz

I subscribe to a SF monthly (Analog) where accuracy in SF is a pretty contentious topic.
So I think I might be able to help you.
But, I don't do IM ever nope nuh-uh.
But you can email me: rozencrantz at gmail dot com. I check it several times a day.

dragyn

Eh...sci-fi in general isn't my thing, so I guess you can just count me out.

Omega0

I've burned through a good section of the science fiction/fantasy section of the library, but that's about it (no magazines, essays or such).
If you think it will help, Y!M: jms_blkfox

Arantzain

I'm a Science Fiction and Fantasy reader as well, new to the boards. I can be reached on AIM as Arantzain, if you'd like to chat on the subject.
Quoque magis tegitur, tectus magis aestuat ignis.
The fire deeper hidden, deeper burns.