News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Xeph...

Started by Ashley_Rose, November 19, 2005, 05:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lei

X marks the chicken!
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Xepher

Speaking of penguins though... anyone notice the increased coolness of penguins lately? (Pun was not intended, but now definitely is.) No, seriously though, I mean, penguins have been cool to me since those bud ice commercials with "Beware the Penguin." (Do be dobe dooo!) The only "stuffed" animal I have is a penguin, and for art, the only sculpture I ever made was a penguin "kiln god" and for programming class, I had an "easter egg" in my program that was a "Beware the Penguin" screen saver I wrote. Now, Tux (the linux mascot penguin) is gaining popularity along with linux. I use an OS named for a penguin (Gentoo.) Gay penguins end up in political debates. Movies like "March of the Penguins" show up in theaters. The Madagascar penguins get their own short film (Hilarious!) And then I go to see Harry Potter the other night, and I get a trailer for this! What the heck is that? Penguins doing stomp dance? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Lei

okay, now I HAVE to see that one.

yes, I have noticed it too, but not fully until you brought it up.

tickyhead

my friend and I had a mini debate about penguins once, and we found that it was impossible to hate a penguin. I think hollywood's just trying to see how far they can push that.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Databits

I've gone so far as to sketch out Tux on my linux box and eventually I'm going to get out my paints and color him.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

otrstf

Many penguiins in movies lately. The 'Madagascar' ones stole the movie, fo example.  I'm reading "Stuffed" by Brian Wiprud, one of those 'gimmick' detective novels. The protagonist is a taxidermist, and seven stuffed penguins (Grumpy, Dopey, etc) feature prominently, along with another frozen (on ice doesn't sound right) one named Reggie.

thefemnazi

Penguins are awesome.  I have loved penguins since I saw a cartoon with Chilly Willy in it.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Lei

ooh.. I used to love that one with the penguin of plasticine as a kid. Chilly Willy was awesome too!