News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

So... Anyone wanna team up?

Started by Aetre, December 05, 2005, 05:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aetre

My next big "project," I've decided, is going to be an online graphic novel. Only problem is, I have no skill as an artist. So if there are any artists out there who would be interested in collaborating and would be able to do about six panels a week (black & white only), or if you know some one who fits the description, hit me on a.i.m. (screenname "AegelmaereAetre") or leave a message here, and I'll contact you with more information. I don't want to give away any spoilers just yet, but the comic I have in mind would be fairly dark/surreal, so just a heads up on that.

If this thread goes unanswered and dies away gracefully, I shall swallow my pride and mumble my way back over to the typewriter where I belong. If, on the other hand, I'm able to find a talented artist who fits the bill this way, I will rejoice by eating Honey Nut Cheerios.

My cereal bowl is at the ready.
"Not even the Human can stop me now..."

dragyn

I'd love to help ya' out, though I'm a little busy for a while, right now.  Maybe another time.  I shall look forward to the final result, though.  Good Luck!

Xepher

Aetre... funny that you thought this up. I actually had the same line of thought not too long ago, and since I likewise suck at art, have hijacked a couple artists from these very forums. With any luck, we might have some cool stuff to show in a couple months.

Kira Dwenna

While I would love to help, Aetre, I'm not sure if my drawing style (check my profile image for a recent sketch) is appropriate.  Plus, I have not attempted the use of inks yet, so everything remains in pencil. ^^;;

I would very much enjoy having the experience, though - but if you would prefer to hold out for someone more talented and/or wise in the art of...art....I'll understand. :)

But all of my extracurricular projects, just so you know, are on hold until after next week.  Finals, you see, a vast swirling vortexes of doom wherein all thoughts of creativity are drawn into.  After they are partially divested of their creativity, they are spat out the other end - most of the ingredients that make up such projects are non-digestible by standardized tests. ;)
Sometimes I feel unreal;
A wrapped up box with nothing in it,
I reach out and I touch my limit.

Aetre

xeph: if you know of any of those artists who would be interested and aren't busy working on your project, just link 'em here, would ya? hookups are always appreciated.

i'm also auditioning among the vgcats forum members, because they have some good artists tere, too. got about five so far. we'll see how it goes.

also, kira: just tell me when you're done with the finals, and i'll send you the audition contest info.

Lei

I'm kinda busy and such, but if you need any editing you can just buzz me anytime and I'll do some quick changes easy. I know it's not much but I'm bogged down with essays and science fair for the next two or so months anyways, and I doubt there will be a change of load.
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

tickyhead

Well I already have a ton of things I want to work on, but 6 panels a week doesn't sound so bad . . . so sure, count me in. You can check my website for a (tiny) view of stuff I've done, and if you need a different style I'm always open to trying new stuff :)

Just so you know though, I am a notorious procrastinator, it'll be a bit of a gamble at first before I get the schedule in my system. Plus that my track record with my own comics is . . . sad at best, but I'm trying to get out of that habit. Just thought I'd be honest.

Anyway I've always wanted to try the collab thing, so if no one else works out I can be good ol' plan B!
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Aetre

well, i'll send you the email, and you can check it out, at least.

Kira Dwenna

Quote from: Aetrexeph: if you know of any of those artists who would be interested and aren't busy working on your project, just link 'em here, would ya? hookups are always appreciated.

i'm also auditioning among the vgcats forum members, because they have some good artists tere, too. got about five so far. we'll see how it goes.

also, kira: just tell me when you're done with the finals, and i'll send you the audition contest info.
Done!

With finals and 40 hour hell-in-a-hole workweeks!  Retail during Christmas is fun!

XP

If you're still auditioning, I would love to receive a packet of info.  
If not, I will consider myself defunct for lack of follow-up....but not for lack of trying!
Sometimes I feel unreal;
A wrapped up box with nothing in it,
I reach out and I touch my limit.

dynamogirls

Lizzie: Er...not very good with the dark stuff just yet. However I don't have enough time to be able to do six panels a week. School is keeping me very busy that I found just enough time to check things out this morning. Go fig.
Is there such a thing as too much anime?

Aetre

sorry, all; chose an artist. turns out we're doing a comedy project instead though... it just worked out that way.

i don't wanna give away too much... but i'll link it when we have some pages done.

thanks for applying though.  now we'll see if this works out. ^^;