News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Crazy Christmas Lights

Started by Databits, December 06, 2005, 08:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Databits

Ok so check this out... some lighting engineer who sets up concert ligth shows for those big bands decided to decorate his house.... to the tune of a Trans Siberian Orchestra song:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/xmaslights.html
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

thefemnazi

*falls down in a happy ADD seizure.*

You have made me the happiest ADD kid in the world.  Now let's go ride bikes!
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Xepher

That's been going around everywhere lately. Everytime someone in the office plays it on a laptop, I think it's a ringtone for a second.

tickyhead

And suddenly all those blinding christmas lights I see in my neighborhood that keep me up at night don't seem as bad....Love the music too.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

SilentFyre

Dude oh my gosh. This guy is so totally my hero. As cool as this would be however, there hs to be some downsides to it all. Like for one, being inside the house trying to sleep when this goes off. Does it not get terribly bright? Second, how loud would that music be playing? I can't imagine the neighbors enjoy hearing that thing going off at all hours of the morning.

Thefemnazi: Ditto. I'll go grab my bike from my dad's and we can turn it into a party.

Databits

I'd bet that he has it on a daily timer or switch. Also remember, it gets dark rather early right now... So this video could very well be at something like 7pm. I just wonder what he did for teh inside of his house.
(o.O)    

SilentFyre

Ahh true Data. I don't think I want to know what he did with the inside of his house. The stairs probably play fur elise or something. (Which actually I would like to see that.)

Lei

I'm glad I don't live there, cause I'd have to stop in the cold and watch the whole thing through before I could keep going, lol.
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Databits

Could you just imagine... You finally, after hours, maybe days of work, get your christmas lights up. You plug them in and are proud of the job you did... then suddenly.... your neighbor turns on his for the first time, and you see that.

Then just stand there and cry.... shock and awe man.... shock and awe.
(o.O)    

Ashley_Rose

I should really have made a music video like that with my house's lights. Jesus, we have so many.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Gwyn

I'm pretty sure that's probably not even real. Well the lights are probably really there, but I could do that video using images and premier. All he would have to do is take a picture of the house with each different sets of lights on and synch it to the song. I think it's pretty cool anyway.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Databits

No it's real... it was on the news awhile back. This guys an electrical engineer who does light programming for huge concerts, I wouldn't put it above him to do something like this.
(o.O)    

Ashley_Rose

Gwyn, that's actually what I was talking about doing, I didn't realize it was actually what it does! Holy crap, Data, that's crazy like whoa!
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

thefemnazi

I would like to mention that I have no cares about how the blinky wonderfullness came to be.  It gives me happiness in the form of overstimulation, and that's all that matters.  Woot for holidays!
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Lei

.. did anyone else find the link to the second of those videos? now THERE'S some messed up crap
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."