News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Jet Wash

Started by Xepher, December 08, 2005, 03:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

Just how much thrust does a 747 have? And more importantly, what's it do to a car?

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1132999307/747_Jet_Crosswinds_Top_Gear_Test

Note that in the video, they're only throttling 2 engines up, not all 4. If they did, the brakes wouldn't hold.

I think they say it's 56,000 lbf of thrust. Now compare that to the Saturn V, at 7,500,000 lbf. That's not a typo, it's literally 33.4 meganewtons. MEGAnewtons!!! That's over 133 times the thrust. I can't even wrap my head around that.

Databits

Just goes to show you.... next time someone has relationship problems.... and he/she takes off on a plane... don't go chasing after them!
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

SilentFyre

Haha. "Light weight hippie car." I so want one now.

Databits

I don't! Shoot with my luck some 747 would need to make an emergency landing and blow me away. ;)
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Ashley_Rose

I feel like I was watching the crocodile hunter do something COOL. God, that's reality beating you in the head.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.