News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Fanart ho!

Started by Tangle, January 07, 2006, 11:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangle

I don't know if anyone's noticed this rash of communities of Livejournal, but I thought it was a great concept and I encourage everyone to sign up or even just take a look at the prompts if you need some inspiration for your artwork.  

Fanart 100  100 prompts for 100 drawings of the fandom/character/pairing or your choice

Fanart 50  A slightly less strenuous version of the above

Eyecandy 69   An um... very raunchy version of the above

I was very tempted to sign up for Fanart 100, but wimped out at the last moment and signed up for Fanart 50 instead.  The prompts are more interesting over there, anyway.  :P  My fandom is Weiss Kreuz: General.  So far, it's been very challenging and fun.  

You could probably even modify these for original characters, if you like.  

(There's also an eqivalent for fanfiction, but that should probably go in a different section on the forums.  ;) )

Ashley_Rose

Yeah, I'm totally going to join up with FanArt 100 too. I might do FanArt 50. I think it'll be good for my PS skills. As I have, like none. I suck.

But yeah. :) I think they are rocking communities.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Xepher

I don't "get" it. I just see a bunch of LJ posts. What's supposed to be done or happen or what?

djfenix

I think they just post art and somehow the person managing the site just gives an approval of some sort?  Not sure how the rankings come into play...

I guess your guess would be as good as mine...

Ashley_Rose

There are links there to the art. When you sign up, there is a table you get, and instead of just linking the table, and making a huge picture post, they thumbnail or just link it. Makes it easier.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Tangle

Quote from: XepherI don't "get" it. I just see a bunch of LJ posts. What's supposed to be done or happen or what?
You sign up for a fandom/character/pairing, get a table like this, and draw pictures based on the prompts.  All of your pictures have to be of what you signed up for.  

It's quite the challenge, but a hell of a lot of fun.

Xepher

Very odd... you double-quoted the link somehow, and so it, for a weird, conspiracy-theory type reason, takes me to microsoft.com. Very, very curious. I'm using firefox on linux, but if I type in http://"http:// it goes to microsoft. That shouldn't be the default page for ANYTHING. :-)

As for the actual topic, okay, I get it now. I wasn't seeing any of the prompts or stuff before.

Tangle

Whoops, should be fixed now.

thefemnazi

Wow, I might join one of the writing communities.  And I might even join an art community to work on how much I suck.  I'd really like it if the suck improved.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.