News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Kimmai's Art Gallery application

Started by kimmai, December 29, 2005, 02:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimmai

I'M RETRACTING MY APPLICATION, NO LONGER IN NEED OF HOSTING

Thank you Xepher for your consideration,
~Kimmai

---------------------------------------
Desired username: kimmai
Contact Email: kimmai (at) iname.com

Description:
this website would be an art gallery showing my artwork, in anime/manga style.

Examples:
http://kimmai.cjb.net - i've set up a website here, but the pop-ups are really annoying.
http://kimmaii.deviantart.com - i've posted of most of works here.

i have basic knowledge of html. no knowledge of php.
-
Hi, My name is Kimmai.

I've tried many free-webhosts, but pop-ups and limited webspace have forced me to move around so many times I haven't gotten a chance to develop a decent website. I really want to settle somewhere and display my artworks, especially in a way that my non-artist friends can enjoy (deviantart is really confusing for a person who rarely visits, my friends keep thinking I drew the stuff in "my favourites" >_<).

I know this is short, but honestly, that's all I can think of to say. Feel free to ask me any questions you have. Also, any input on the website is appreciated.
Thanks for taking your time to read this. ^_^

Ashley_Rose

I like how you are working towards better. Your coloring is quite nice, and you readily admit to coloring in someone else's work, for collaborative or other reasons.

My question is: What's the greatest knowledge in all the world?
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

kimmai

thank you for taking time to look at my work ^_^

"what's the greatest knowledge in all the world?"
hm... i would have to say experience.

you can learn the techniques to do everything and anything from say, reading countless books, but you can never really do it until you actually practice it yourself.

my brother once told me this analogy: you can read books about a flower and look at pictures of it, but you would never know how truly beautiful the flower is until you actually see it. to expand on that, you would never learn the true smell, feel, and taste of the flower from a book.

this does not limit to personal experience. i have learned a great deal from the experiences of  my elders/peers and even minors. this has helped me a great deal in so many different ways.

tickyhead

Last time I ate flowers they didn't taste so good.

Though there are these flowers that if you suck on them are really sweet....well not so much suck on them as suck air in through them....

yes, this has absolutely nothing to do with your application. Sorry 'bout that. :P
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

kimmai

oh don't worry about posting off topic.. it actually keeps my visits here interesting... ^_^

i don't remember ever eating flowers... but i imagine they'd be bitter?
but isn't the top part of broccli and cauliflower, flowers?... i love eatting those.. ^^;

tickyhead

I'm talking about actual flowers here, not the little buds on broccoli. (which, in my opinion, don't have all that much flavor anyway) Normal flowers taste really bad. There's really no word I can think of to describe it really....sort of like mixing unripe vegetables with dayquil? Something like that.

Lei

well... the flower part, I can understand, but apparentle some petals are really good. I would've tried some but the guy who offered had stuck the whole thing in his mouth not long before >_>;;;
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Xepher

They're called "honeysuckle" and if you pick the flowers right, you can suck the nectar out through the stem, and it tastes really good.

tickyhead

no, not those, although I have had those before and they are pretty good...but this one time I was in this "organic" cooking class ("organic" as in everything that no one wants to eat >< no meat in this class either, it was horrible!!) and they had these cute little purple flowers, that if you took them off their stem the flower part was hollow, and if you sucked in air through them you got this really sweet taste in your mouth.

Actually eating the flower, however, was not as sweet, as some of my classmates found out. :) there were also more people regurgitating in that class than at the local amusement park.

smmanga

You actually eat the petals of ... Nasturtiums. They don't taste all that great, though...

Ashley_Rose

There is also another flower you can eat. We get it at this restaurant in my hometown. Nummy.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Xepher

Well, if hops count as flowers, then yes, you do get a lot of those round there! :-)

dragyn

Some people eat the purple flowers that are sometimes called clover.  Not sure if that's the purple flowers you were talking about, though.  Doubtful, since you actually eat these.

Shoot.  There went my resolution to not ramble at all.  See!  I'm doing it again!

golden-crystals

Lol, like Thumper in Bambi *^^* eh-heh-heh anyway I like your attention to detail ^~
'In case of stupid, throw a brick'

Golden Crystals - Your journey is before you.

darkmidnights

When I read about the flower sucking.. I thought "Clover" also, I used to suck on those.. when I was younger.. they pop up in platches of 3 leaf clovers.. every once in awhile I'd get a sweet one.. I guess you had to know when to pick 'em.