News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Candyz Pop

Started by Cassiopeia, June 11, 2006, 07:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiopeia

That's a great idea! Thank you ^_^! I really hope that you guys will forgive me and if I could come and get  some advice ^_^. I'll try not to act out and keep that to a minimum at all cost. I try not to, but sometimes I have issues and I'm not afraid to say the truth about myself.

I'm sorry Ticky I think I made you feel bad... if your willing maybe sometime we could actually get to talk about something besides my site and express our love for art ^_^... Or something like that @_@
Star lit key...

tickyhead

Quote from: CassiopeiaThat's a great idea! Thank you ^_^! I really hope that you guys will forgive me and if I could come and get  some advice ^_^. I'll try not to act out and keep that to a minimum at all cost. I try not to, but sometimes I have issues and I'm not afraid to say the truth about myself.

I'm sorry Ticky I think I made you feel bad... if your willing maybe sometime we could actually get to talk about something besides my site and express our love for art ^_^... Or something like that @_@
*humph* I'm not talking to you anymore. ;)

Seriously though, I'm fine. I've "analyzed" enough applications, and broken up (and started) enough fights on other forums, to be pretty much immune to anything. :) It sorta comes with the turf.

You should really try out both Xeph and griever's ideas, comic genesis is a great place to experiment with your comic while you're first starting out, since their application process doesn't involve.....well, ME, I admit it. And doing little shorts about the characters, setting, and story itself will definitely help you hammer out the details.

Maybe cool down the explosive temper a bit too. It's hard to do, I know.....really, I know.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Cassiopeia

Quote from: tickyhead*humph* I'm not talking to you anymore. ;)

Seriously though, I'm fine. I've "analyzed" enough applications, and broken up (and started) enough fights on other forums, to be pretty much immune to anything. :) It sorta comes with the turf.

You should really try out both Xeph and griever's ideas, comic genesis is a great place to experiment with your comic while you're first starting out, since their application process doesn't involve.....well, ME, I admit it. And doing little shorts about the characters, setting, and story itself will definitely help you hammer out the details.

Maybe cool down the explosive temper a bit too. It's hard to do, I know.....really, I know.
O_O;;; Don't scare me like that *waves arms like mad* You almost made me go in my pants! Ok too much info... -_-

Yeah, I don't know why I act out sometimes, maybe it comes with mood swings as a teenager. Sometimes I act out and I don't even know why...

Yeah I know. Although I was planning on getting a deviant art anyways, so this is a good opputunity ^_^... hey art should be fun for both the author and the reader! ^_^ Hopeully the next time I post in the applications section I'll have a manga that both you and Xepher will approve of ^_^... And if not, that's ok as long as we can stay friendly with each other and maybe even be friends is good enough^_^... I really just want to stay on good terms with as many people as possible in the world (though there are some people that just can't be helped a.k.a. Adolf Hitler)XD.
Star lit key...

Chow

Ok, after reading all of this and taking a look around at your site...

You seem to have a decent eye for web layout, as Xeph said, and your art is actually coming along. In fact, your panel layout is downright good, but the content thing has got to be killing everyone. 3 pages is just hard to get over, you know?

As far as plot goes...I'm never one to down someone else's story-writing cause I feel like my own stuff is hackneyed, but it really does remind me of a bunch of generic manga (the main elements of these kinds of stories are redone every time I turn around) which is not bad necessarily, but it won't convince the Xephster to give up hosting space.

I don't really have an issue with the whole "candyz Pop" thing, because the Manga's name is not that. But if you are gonna have a comic be the main feature of a site, name the site after it. It's just less confusing to random visitors who might wanna come back. Having a different name for the site as a whole would make more sense if there were two or three equally updated comics, but I only see project KROW so...

You are now Asian, not Azn, so thanks for the timely update. If griever hadn't said it I would have. I don't really take offense when people use that around me, but "z"'s are not inherently cool either.

I hope you do come back with more stuff later, because there's a lot of room to grow with what you've got, you just gotta buckle down and get some of it done. In the meantime, hanging around the boards is a great idea. Get to know the people, get ideas, learn the dynamics, etc.

Oh yeah, if you end up making a Deviant Art account, remember this rule if someone compliments/critiques you:
-if your art skills are further along than theirs, take it half as serious
-if their art skills are further along than yours, take it doubly serious

because there are a lot of people going around complimenting DA's on their "Mad arts skillllz!!!111" (sorry) who don't really draw themselves, but real critiques are gold. Look for me there. And good luck with the comic.
[some kid]: :cool: "wei long....clever..."
[me]: :/
[Ian]: :mad: "Actually....that's his name, JERK!"
[me]: :lol:

Munerift

Well, I used to be like you... but through the years and the various wounds...

as you've said, some people are just not going to like or approve of what you do, no matter what. It isnt your fault in those instances, it's just they're worldly meanie-heads. As time goes on you will find that you will no longer wish to please everyone; because doing so isnt who you are because of the fact that you're always changing to meet everyone's expectations of you.

The best advice I think I'd have for you is do your art, and be yourself, and if someone doesnt like it or you; it's their problem and they'll have to deal with it, not you.
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

Cassiopeia

To Chow: Yeah thanks ^_^... Yeah I'm "asian" now...  XD Sorry about that, I don't think I was even thinking when I wrote it. I forgot I even spell it with a "z" until griever told me. Most people I know really don't care about the spelling, but if some people dislike it, I have no problem changing it. But yeah your right. Glad someone caught that ^_^.

Hahaha, I'll keep that rule in mind.

To Munerift: Thank you as well. It's really nice to know I'm not the only one. By the way I saw your site, very nice. You draw wolves very well. I'm not so good at drawing realism, I tried in art class, it sucked... Got teased by my friend who draws way better then me.  Bleh... Well thanks for read these long long loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggggggg post XD...
Star lit key...