News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Why psychologists are evil!

Started by Xepher, January 11, 2006, 05:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

Why, you ask. Well, here's the answer and the proof. The word "Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia" means "Fear of long words." No, really, go ahead and look it up. I just wanna shake the hand of the sadistic SOB that came up with that one! Probably the same guy that put the "s" in "Lisp." A close runner-up is "Hellenologophobia" which is fear of greek/complex/scientific terminology. Check out http://phobialist.com/ for some more fun with fears.

EDIT: Dang it, they don't have my one actual phobia. I mean, sure I don't like heights, and I get nervous around pointy/sharp object, but for actual phobias, I've only got one. I have an unnatural fear of crustaceans.

Xepher

GAH! After posting the above, and I decided it was stupid to be afraid of lobsters and rolly pollys (AKA woodlice, pillbugs, and a thousand other names.) So I figured I'd go force myself to look at pictures of crusteceans and read about 'em and such, on the theory that you don't fear things you understand. Then I came across this page... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_isopod

*Shudder* Gah, just glancing at those pictures make me feel like I'm gonna crawl outta my skin. GAAAHH!!! Oh well, I don't like seafood anyway.

Ashley_Rose

I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

griever

Drown 'em in butter, Xepher.  How the honorable shrimp squirm.

I don't know if I have any phobias.  Fears, sure, but actual phobias...no.  Maybe Coulrophobia (fear of clowns), which may also cover my dislike for Santa and toy dolls.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Aetre

my two fears in life are burning alive and loud noises.

for both of these reasons, i LOATHE fire alarms.
"Not even the Human can stop me now..."

Gwyn

Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Xepher

Gwyn

if it makes you feel any better, you arn't missing much. Lobsters and many other shellfish taste terrible :p. Exspencive too!
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Lei

yeah... shellfish are overrated : or something like that.

But he looks so cute! Reminds me of pokemon... or am I just being ludicrious?

No fears either, not that I remember or that comes up in day to day life.or at least I could get over them really easy if I did.
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

thefemnazi

I don't know if it's a phobia, but I have SERIOUS issues with snot.  Mucus.  *Shudder*

Ask Ashley about the time I had a practicum in a first grade classroom.  God, little kids are disgusting.

And I'm a fan of all things oceania, including shellfish.  But that fricker was creeeeeeeepy.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Ashley_Rose

Oh my word, it was bad. You think some people drink to forget a bad day, you haven't seen her after mucus childus has come close to her person.

I personally love crab, scallions, and freshwater fish and salmon, but hate ocean fish, lobster, and shrimp with the burning fire of a thousand suns.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.