News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Joystick Ink

Started by Chow, February 13, 2006, 11:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chow

Desired Username : joystickink.xepher.net
E-mail address: wei_lung2000@yahoo.com

Current site location: http://student.fgcu.edu/rachinqu/website

Joystick Ink is a(nother) web comic that I use to bring some of the random and humorous ideas that pop into my head to life. Most of the comic "issues" follow the adventures of Chow and Andy, the main characters. On occation (also, for most of the early issues) I do stand-alone issues, but more and more I've been trying to build some continuity with a running plot. As of late I have been updating on the weekends, but sometimes I just don't have the time. Still, I am slowly making my way to the once-a-week schedule.

Currently, I'm hosting the site from my student webspace at school, but I would like to the move away from the long, hard to remember URL, and I am already shopping for domains. I've been reading DMFA for a while now, as well as JAWC, so when I noticed the Xepher box I came over to the site and fairly began foaming at the mouth at the idea of a decent, well-mannered, no commercial/banner/pop-up/spam-farm hosting service. If it's good enough for those sites, it's more than good enough for mine.

So, I know you may be thinking "another buddy-comic...whee..... :/ " But I believe that as long as a story is interesting enough to read, it should be available for the reading. That's why I've been shying away from the "video-game comic" feel of the site. I love gaming, but the battle to tell the same joke about a new game each week will be just as epic without my contribution thank you. Instead, I want to explore my ability to tell a story and grow characters over time, and I want to be able to make those stories available to the web community as a whole.

personal notes:
-I'm embarassed about the art in the early comics...I know everyone starts somewhere...but geeeze! Anywho, no need to waste typing time on letting me know about them.

-The FAQ page may give you a decent feel of my writing/creativity or, conversely, my lack of it. That's up to you to decide.

-Excited as I may be, over the thought of being green-lighted, I look forward even more to any critique you guys have for me. It's hard for me to judge my own site accurately, I believe.
[some kid]: :cool: "wei long....clever..."
[me]: :/
[Ian]: :mad: "Actually....that's his name, JERK!"
[me]: :lol:

golden-crystals

Nice layout. I wasn't going to use this word, but looks cute! ^^;
'In case of stupid, throw a brick'

Golden Crystals - Your journey is before you.

Chow

Quote from: golden-crystalsNice layout. I wasn't going to use this word, but looks cute! ^^;
Aw, it IScute :o ::Dies of embarassment::

Seriously though, thanks for the comment and the view.

Chow

Thanks for visiting my site from time to time guys, I know my updates have been....well, lacking recently. I have a crapload of things going on right now, and when I don't have time to move ahead with a comic issue, I tend to just do art work for my DA gallery.

I know, this is procrastination at it's worst....

Chow

well, in the time since the applications were closed and now, I reworked the site a bit and got my comics to a more standardized size (the old ones are still huge-tastic). The art is (I think) coming along, but more importantly I'm starting to get my characters established and I'm finally delving into a little storyline. Wish me luck and give it a critical look if you get a chance :) I'd love to know what you guys think

griever

I'm on cursed dial up, but I clicked two comics that weren't in a row and I can see a big progression. ^_^
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

Okay, you're in. You should get an email with instructions. Please follow them.

Chow

Quote from: grieverI'm on cursed dial up, but I clicked two comics that weren't in a row and I can see a big progression. ^_^
Thanks! I'm trying to grow, but it's scary changing one's style. I need to start doodling like a fiend, I think. Hopefully in a few months you'll be able to say that again!

Munerift

Yippie... welcome~! *tackles* I think we might of moved in next door to each other! =P
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

Chow

Quote from: MuneriftYippie... welcome~! *tackles* I think we might of moved in next door to each other! =P
Thanks for the warm greeting!

Lemme return the favor by passing this along. I saw in your DA gallery that you seem to like the 4-legged companions with the pointy ears and the late night moon howling and such, so I figured you'd enjoy it. I did it for another friend with an affinity for wolves.

Munerift

Oh I love the style! You did a good job. =)
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

Chow

Quote from: MuneriftOh I love the style! You did a good job. =)
Why thank you! I'm glad you like it. I'm a big fan of the Dark colored lines style

Chow

Ok, so I finally got my stuff organized and over to the xepher servers, so if you wanna check it out without the long painful URL that I was having to use before:

joystickink.xepher.net

With the excecption of the cast page, I've got the whole thing running right, and I've got some forums at

http://joystickink.xepher.net/forums

This outta keep me running until I finish the real revamp of the site...which is in full swing as I type this. Again, thanks Xeph, for making this so painless, and giving so many people a place to be and to grow.

dragyn

Heh...you might consider editing your post and putting the http:// part before joystickink.xepher.net so it realizes that that's a link.

Here...I'll do it for you.

http://joystickink.xepher.net

There ya' go!

Aetre

you featured vg cats.

you li'l suckup you...

you get my vote.
"Not even the Human can stop me now..."