News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Yet Another Favorite Band Thread...

Started by Xepher, August 14, 2005, 07:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

So yeah... What bands are your favorite. I don't want the huge list of all the bands you like, but just those that really hold a special place in your heart. The music you listen to when you're drunk and you can lay on the floor and raise your fist at the sky and just be happy. The songs that let you cry and scream and boast... the music that gives you strength to get through the day... the melody that lets you continue the fight.

For me, that changes depending on my mood. But right now, it's Social Distortion. On the long term though, They Might Be Giants, Iron & Wine, Enya, Loreena McKennitt, Bowling for Soup, and Less than Jake usually cover it.

Tye

wow you like Enya too!!!!!......

I like just about any thing( it's all about the feel of the music to me)
 from hard rock, pop,rap, all the way to classic(I love Beethoven), etc.

Databits

I'm a rock person myself. Like Xepher, it kinda depends on the mood I'm in too. Things like Alter Bridge, Creed (now Alter Bridge except for singer), Tantric, Metallica, Nickleback, Kid Rock, Lynard Skynard, Velvet Revolver, Disturbed, God Smack, Aerosmith, Journy, REO Speedwagon, etc...
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Lei

techno, rock, things like that for me.
I don't get a lot of music, but right now, I've taken a huge liking to Scooter. I like about everything else though.
Awesome bands Data :D
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Xepher

Scooter! Ashley just introduced me to Scooter the other night, and now I've got the complete discography. Oh, and after I mentioned that one particular song reminded me of the lemur rave in "Madagascar" she made this. Hilarious!

Right now I'm listening to an album called "Punk Goes 80s." Buncha awesome covers! Although I'm disappointed that "I'll Melt With You" is the one from Sugarcult, and not the one from Mest that was on the Sky High soundtrack.

trekkie1701c

Going to be really hard to figure out what band I like, isn't it? (Avatar, Signature, etc).

Yep.  I'm one of those Pink Floyd fans.  If you don't like them, you haven't heard some of their good songs, like "Wish You Were Here", "Comfortably Numb", "Money", "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" and "Time".

I also like a few other bands.  Lynard Skynard, Black Sabbath (or just Ozzy himself), Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones, The Who, Queen, The Beatles, etc.  But Pink Floyd's my favorite.  I'm planning on getting their not-so-well-known first ablum "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" at some point, if I get another job (I tutor kids during the school year).
What are you looking here for?

griever

I like the Barenaked Ladies, Bowling for Soup, Enya, KOTOKO, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Ruppina, and Siam Shade.  I'd have to say that those are my all time favorites.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

MPSinclair

Loreena McKennit, definately. These two aren't really "bands", but are excellent for mood music: Hans Zimmer and Hennie Bekker. :)

Hmm... and I've been introduced to great music by other artists too... so many, so many... :P

Gwyn

Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

otrstf

Rush. lots and lots of Rush, even if I think each album for the last 15 years has been pitched at frequencies only gerbils and hummingbirds can hear.  Can sing every word on the "Signals" and "2112" albums (and do, loudly, when alone in the car:).  Also trying to rebuild my essential Jethro Tull collection.  Then Pink Floyd, and on occasion, Queen.

--got to listen to some bands younger than me one of these day...

robynie

What I listen to really depends on my mood, so I have a pretty broad range of stuff I like, but Better Than Ezra and Soul Asylum are my all time favorites.  

Lately I've been listening to a lot of the Dresden Dolls and Tiger Army, so those are my "newer" favorites.

And my boyfriend got me in to country, so I have determined Pat Green is my favorite of the country genre.

^__^

Xepher

Yeah, going to school at A&M, Pat Green was a local favorite, along with Robert Earl Keen and Cory Morrow. Funny thing is, I move halfway 'cross the country to Steamboat, and over the first winter here, every single one of them played concerts here. Not that I got to go, as I was too busy driving the bus and taking all the drunks home from such things... So glad that's behind me now!

gracey

I'm more on the old school tip. I'm into almost everything.
I have punk covers - ultimate fav being Me First and the Gimme Gimme's take on "Everything's Going to Be Alright" and any punk band's take on Cure songs.

My ultimate favfav is, always will be Radiohead. But I have a close relationship to all my Weezer albums and Green Day's "Dookie" album.

My favorite artist is a tie between Erykah Badu and Madonna. Girl power I always say.
"Watch it Jeff, she's packing ovaries!" - Patrick, Coupling

Xepher

Me First have some great covers. I like most of them much better than the originals. I think "I am a rock" is their best cover though.

FYI, Gracey, hilarious signature. Not many people quote Coupling... that show is hilarious. I'm talking the original british version, the short-lived amercian hack version was possibly the worst butchery ever. Really proves that point that England and America are two countries "divided by a common language."

Ashley_Rose

Incubus, Green Day, Scooter, Bowling for Soup, older Something Corporate, older Aerosmith, Eagles, REO Speedwagon, Aquabats [shakes Vader fist at Xepher],  Rogers and Hammerstein, James Horner, Michael Kamen, Straylight Run, My Chemical Romance, New Found Glory, Weezer, Craig Armstrong, Dschingis Khan, Rammstein, Bryan Adams, Nerf Herder, Dave Matthews Band, Mozart, Counting Crows, Falco, The Killers, Beethoven (older stuff), Jimmy Eat World . . . the list is pretty extensive.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.