News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Yet Another Favorite Band Thread...

Started by Xepher, August 14, 2005, 07:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefemnazi

I pretty much love it all.....but Gailec Storm is GREAT music to get drunk with.  And I'm just gonna jump on the Ashley band-wagon for almost everything on her list.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Xepher

Gaelic Storm! How did I forget them... I listened to that so much that I got known all over town as "That Irish Bus Driver"

Ashley_Rose

You know Harm, we really need to get trashed in Seattle to Gaelic Storm now, cause I totally forgot to mention them.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

thefemnazi

Pina Coloda in a Pint Glass for all!  Yeah, I just need to find the good clubs.

Xepher

Ugh... I was drinking Pina Coloda by the pint last night, which is somewhat regretful now. FYI, as I was telling Ashley, SoBe Lizz Blizz + Whaler's Black Rum is an excellant Pina Coloda, but once you get to the point where you're mixing more rum than SoBe, you should really stop drinking. At the very least, you shouldn't go and mix a pint-sized White Russian simply because you finished off the whole bottle of rum already. :-)

thefemnazi

note to self....after you have finished all the rum, do not mix more drinks.....simply repeat to self: "Why is the rum gone?"

Xepher

Oh, trust me, that scene is quoted quite frequently in this house.

thefemnazi

I only wish I got to repeat that scene more...

Ashley_Rose

I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Ashley_Rose

Holy crap. I totally forgot the man in black. Please forgive me.

thefemnazi

I do have the DVD, but enjoying rum is frowned upon in this house.  As are my tattoos and my religion.  I really need my own damn apartment.

Ashley_Rose

Waitaminute, care to clarify that?

gracey

Quote from: XepherMe First have some great covers. I like most of them much better than the originals. I think "I am a rock" is their best cover though.

FYI, Gracey, hilarious signature. Not many people quote Coupling... that show is hilarious. I'm talking the original british version, the short-lived amercian hack version was possibly the worst butchery ever. Really proves that point that England and America are two countries "divided by a common language."
Coupling is one of the funniest shows I've ever encountered. And I love Birtish TV. I'm addicted to Little Britain right now. The American remakes are always terrible though...I can't even stand to see the Office being butchered.

And I just found a punk cover of "Fraggle Rock"!!! I'm rocking on right now!!!
"Watch it Jeff, she's packing ovaries!" - Patrick, Coupling

RoxorFuxor

Quote from: trekkie1701cGoing to be really hard to figure out what band I like, isn't it? (Avatar, Signature, etc).

Yep.  I'm one of those Pink Floyd fans.  If you don't like them, you haven't heard some of their good songs, like "Wish You Were Here", "Comfortably Numb", "Money", "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" and "Time".
I am a pretty big classic rock fan, but Pink Floyd doesn't really float my boat.  I don't like the vocals on most of their songs, but they have some good ones.  And I think everyone has heard "money" ;).

My favorite bands are Black Sabbath, Simon & Garfunkel and the Grateful Dead.   I also like Bob Dylan, Van Morrison and Neil Young as well as classic southern rock (Allman Brothers Band, CCR and Lynyrd Skynyrd).  

I am currently going through an Aerosmith phase, too.

Ashley_Rose

Quote from: RoxorFuxorI am currently going through an Aerosmith phase, too.
I was introduced to Aerosmith when I was 6. The love affair has only lessened when they wrote Jaded.