News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

New featured site?

Started by reinder, April 06, 2006, 07:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinder

Much as I like having Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan as a featured site, it's time we got another one. Who'd you recommend?
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Waffle

Xepher

Good question actually. Normally I'd look at the recent/new sites and pick one from those... however, since I haven't exactly been on top of the applications thing, that's a slim-pickings sort of gig. I'd welcome suggestions...

And yes, you can suggest your own site if you really want. Phase 2 only, as the database system only includes those sites.

Munerift

...I recommend Psychobob's site! =P (The Fishbowl)
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

Xepher

Yes, good site, but already been featured. Actually, it was the first site to be featured. Not that it can't go again, but I'd like to see something new if possible.

griever

All I can say is...even if you run out of every other Phase 2 site to feature, don't feature mine.  I'm afraid all the little 14 year old anime fans would pounce on it.  "Hey, will you host me?"  "I'm hosted...and no, he won't host you either.  Here's a pocky.  Now shoo."

I actually feel slightly guilty.  Bah.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

tickyhead

How about Inaccurate Perdition? Or did it already get its chance? I like that comic a lot, and I can't think of anything else I look at regularly that hasn't already been featured. so....yeah.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Xepher

Hmm, I haven't really read Inaccurate Perdition since I granted the site. I'll have to look into it. On first looks though, the site design is a bit of a turn off, and I'd prefer to feature sites which actually show the "featured site" section of the newsbox themselves. Just seems more fair that way.

griever

Can you feature Miss Mab's site?  Or is that not good?  Also, what about Just Another Web Comic?
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

DMFA is already the most popular site here, and one of my personal favorite comics. It accounts for more than 1/4 of all traffic on the server. Doesn't exactly need a "boost." Also, it was featured semi-recently. (By my glacial update standards.)

reinder

Maybe the "featured site" spot should be held by a call to suggest a featured site, linking to this forum thread. Or the Xepher.net forums themselves could be featured so people become more aware of them.

I really would like it to be changed, to anything. To a naive reader, it looks like I'm hogging that spot.
Reinder Dijkhuis

Xepher

I've already changed it. Did so two days ago. It's featuring hellbound right now.

reinder

You're right! Amazing I missed that.
Reinder Dijkhuis