News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Xepher...

Started by Munerift, April 18, 2006, 09:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munerift

I stumbled upon a _very_ talented artist youth, who I feel would make a most WONDERFUL addition to the Xepher community... Her art is wonderful and bright, and her demeanor seems very kind and open. I searched around and it appears that she only has a place on deviantart though, here's her stuff:

http://marshroots.deviantart.com/

Mayhap if you could offer her an informational email about the community and a gental nudge..? *looks innocent* :D
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

Databits

Trying to run DA outta work eh?

Good! People like them, DivX, and Qtex can all go to hell. Making a free service, then slapping a price tag on it soon as it's somewhat popular is down right evil.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Munerift

...well I'm on DA... I dont agree with what they do however I have accepted it and still have my things on that site cause frankly they have a global audiance, and a very big one... it's a way to connect and mayhap even some day be recognized...

This young woman does wonderful art, and being the age she is I dont even think she realizes how far she could go at this point. She seems of a very good heart, and I think it would be wonderful to have her as part of the Xepher community.
I'm Home!

griever

Her art is really cool...is she interested in starting up a website though?
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Munerift

I dont know... that's why I wanted Xepher to give her a friendly email... ;)
I'm Home!

Xepher

I agree, quite nice art. However...

At the moment, I can't even get through applicaitons for people who ASK to get in. Going and seeking new people would just be rude to all those patiently waiting. I do have plans for the future though. ;-)

Right now xepher.net is a virtual mess. Half the users are in phase 1, half in phase 2. I have to do about 2/3 of my admin tasks manually, and I'm running on a server at the end of it's lifecycle. You've seen my plans for the server/system rebuild, and I think it's rather important to get that done -- to be running a tight ship that I can be proud of -- before actively seeking new members.

Now, that said, you (or any other) are free to talk to such people and point them this way. I would ask that you be sure to mention the long wait right now... and if you're feeling generous, the fact that it isn't always so bad.

Munerift

Lol, I've never had a bad time here! =) But I will talk with her, sit down and write an email when I can get my daughter down for a nap later and when I've got longer than 5 mins to think and type.

I did see your plans for the future and I'm quite enthused with them... however I think the name is a might too cold for me thou... heh. FORESTA! =P Anywho if you need or would like my help in any way I can, dont be afraid to ask.
I'm Home!