News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

I didn't know eating better could make me feel so much better.

Started by Gwyn, August 16, 2005, 01:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwyn

The healthy feeling I'm getting lately is way, way better than any feeling that a huge greesy burger and fries could ever give me. Sure I miss some stuff, but that's what cheat days are for :p. I'm one step closer to lowering my f-ed up cholesterol, whoo.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Ashley_Rose

YAY!

I know, I totally started eating more salads again, and yeah, since starting to actually, cook my dinners and stuff, so much better.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

SilentFyre

Salads make me happy. People think I am crazy but dangit they are WONDERFUL. Now I want one. :/

Ive been cooking myself breakfast every morning. Its really helping me. ^^

Ashley_Rose

Honestly, I load my salads up with other veggies, occasional cut up ham or turkey, cottage cheese (because no decent Wisconsinite has anything without cheese involved, we have a Cheese soup, for the love), and raisins.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Lei

I don't like salads >_> but eating good is... good. that's all I can really say on the subject. XD

Cheese soup? how the... okay, I'll leave it at that....
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Databits

I've been doing the healthy thing for awhile. Haven't drank pop/soda since 1996 and still love the effects that it had when I stopped.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

Yeah, I too ditched soda and carbonated/artifical beverages for the most part. I originally tried to go a full month without one, and it was easy and I felt better, so I really just don't drink 'em at all anymore unless I _really_ crave one... Or if I need something to mix with my rum. :-) I do prefer orange juice for the latter though.

As for feel-good food. I don't like "healthy" food so much as just "good" food. That is, a steak, baked potato, and a salad are so many times better than a burger or taco. Only drawback to leaving home... I miss home cooking.

Ashley_Rose

God yes . . . *sigh* . . . Miss it super bad. My mom is always like, let's go out, and all I can think is, 'Nooooo, just make some twice baked potatoes and pork tenderloin and salad!'

tickyhead

hehe...I suppose I'm lucky that I'm younger and still live with my parents, I'd probably make even healthy food bad for you XD

But yeah nothing beats home cooking, even if it's junk food sometimes (my mom makes some AWESOME french fries, must learn her secrets >>) at least it's better than that greasy stuff they call "food" in places like mcdonalds.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Lei

to quote a geography class:

Teacher: "Geographers have to know how to make choices that will appease customers. For example, they wouldn't put a McDonald's beside a sewer."
*silence*
Classmate: "...what's the difference?"
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

thefemnazi

ahh, I miss cheese soup now.  But I totally love eating healthier.  I moved out here from WI and have lost 20 lbs just by making the changes in cultural eating.  more fish, less greasy other stuff.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

gracey

I think that living with my parents have contributed to my girlish (bah!)  figure. *smirks* Seriously, I have no doubt that when I leave home I'll lose pounds easily. It's all those homecooked meals and ethnic Filipino foods. *mouth waters*

I'll just check what's cooking downstairs...*lurks into the kitchen*
"Watch it Jeff, she's packing ovaries!" - Patrick, Coupling