News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

HELP

Started by dkgalaxy, May 06, 2006, 06:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkgalaxy

Can someone please tell me how to mke a b-site with zpher.net! I don't know how to register!

Xepher

You're joking, right?

dkgalaxy

They never tell you HOW to register a web-site here! So could you please just show me the link?!? And NO I'm not joking.

Xepher

Did you even read the front page? There's a sentence there that says "If you're interested in applying for hosting..."

And it's "xepher.net" not "zpher.net"

tickyhead

*sigh* It's amazing how many inconsiderate people there are on the net. He doesn't even care that he's bringing down the good vibes here on xepher.net with his stupid. :
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Munerift

*throws the stupid brick*

Problem all solved! =D
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

tickyhead

In case of stupid, throw brick. Huzzah for munerift!

dkgalaxy

Don't call me stuipid! My parents said I could have a web-site and I wanted to use   xepher.net I'm 10 years old for Pete's Sake!

Databits

Hmm... yeah I remember back when I made my first website. It was my freshman year in high school, and I didn't know squat. A good place to start is finding some tutorials online as well as reference material for HTML and CSS. That or purchase yourself a copy of dreamweaver or something.

The way it's generally worked in the past here at Xepher.net is that people come in and apply for an account here by presenting some sort of site design with content that they have already developed elsewhere, in addition to their applications description, etc... Based on that in addition to a few other things that I'm sure are detailed in one of the sticky posts in the "Applications" section determines if you get an account.

Just a couple hints though, this isn't the "Applications" forum, and normal complete english is must less irritating to read. :P
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

reinder

Okay, then we shouldn't have called you stupid. Still, read the front page. Go to the page about hosting. Actually, that page could be clearer.
To get a website on Xepher, you have to ask on this forum and you have to tell us a lot about yourself, what you've already done, what sort of website you want to make. And then the rest of us comment and say whether we'd like you in or not, and Xepher makes the final decision. It's not easy, and Xepher.net does turn people down.
If you're ten, and this is your first website, then probably Xepher.net is not for you. But you never know!
Reinder Dijkhuis
Rogues of Clwyd-Rhan | Waffle

griever

Actually, to be honest, I thought it was spam, which is why I didn't respond.  However, even if you missed the details on the hosting page (and I agree with reinder), the fact that you made it to the forums, which has an Application forum with a very clear explanation (Want a site here? Then this is the place to start.) means that you got 2 chances to find out how to go about applying.

I'm not saying you're stupid, but whenever applying for something, it's good to read all the details in case you miss something.  It could be more important later in life, like finding out hidden charges and pitfalls in contracts.

In any case, if you've never had experience making a website before, I would suggest Geocities or Tripod.  Many other independent free hosting sites often require an established site before they will consider your application.  If you can demonstrate that you have the basic HTML skills and a cool concept for the site, these independent sites are more willing to take a chance on you.

What type of site are you trying to create?  It may be that there is another host out there that is more suited towards your type of site.  I'm not trying to deter you from applying to Xepher.net, but there are other options worth investigating as well.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

tickyhead

Quote from: dkgalaxyDon't call me stuipid! My parents said I could have a web-site and I wanted to use   xepher.net I'm 10 years old for Pete's Sake!
Oh, wow, 10 huh? jeez, you're practically ancient! ....YES, I'm being sarcastic!

Honestly, this is exactly like that one applicant who wrote comics on the back of her history notes. I commented that it was unprofesssional to have a comic that looks like it was written because they didn't study in math class, and she thought that having it on history notes, as opposed to math notes, made alllll the difference.

And reinder, don't appologize for me. You didn't call him stupid, I did. And frankly, he hasn't shown me evidence to the contrary. I don't care if he's 10 or 110.

Quote from: grieverActually, to be honest, I thought it was spam, which is why I didn't respond.
I thought the same thing, except I did respond. And this is what it got me. :

Xepher

I'll admit, the hosting information page could be clearer (or at least more direct) about how to apply. That said, I wanted to make sure people read all the other info there, before finding out how to apply. I intentionally didn't want it to just "jump out at you." Also, I do feel that there is an "Applications" section that has a pretty clear description on the main forum index. Likewise, this area (Web Design) has a rather clear description as well, one that does NOT involve it being the place to ask questions like "how to apply." The initial comment of "are you joking?" is based on the fact that I often complain about people not being able to read directions, or use proper english, and I thought one of my friends may have been faking an account just to see if they could rile me up more.

Anyway, yes, applications section of this form is where you should go, and please... PLEASE, before posting there, read all the instructions in the post marked "Instructions (Read Before Posting!)"

As to the lack of clarity in the hosting info page... I plan to redo that entire thing when I revamp the server in a few months. I'm probably going to fall back to a "traditional" form-based application, so people don't get as confused.

Knight

Try 50webs.com. It is very goood! I don't think you really understand about how to buid a web-hoasting service in Xepher.net

Thu

Quote from: dkgalaxy on May 09, 2006, 03:29:48 PM
Don't call me stuipid! My parents said I could have a web-site and I wanted to use   xepher.net I'm 10 years old for Pete's Sake!

LOL! 10 years? I think you should stick to {FREEWEBS.COM}. I mean... if you can't figure out how to sign up or get a site here, there's no way you'd figure managing your own site by scratch or HTML. Face it dude, use a page builder website. :/