News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Spam filter trouble

Started by Bitstream, May 08, 2006, 03:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitstream

The example I based my code on used spaces, so it's presumably ok.

the TO_ command apparently encompasses multiple "to" type headers. To:, Apparently-To:, CC:, etc.

I guess it remains to try it and test it.

Bitstream

Looks like the spaces make it not work. I got rid of them and it seems ok though!

Still makes me a bit nervous. I'd rather it was scanning ALL headers for the addresses, just in case. Maybe it is. I find the man page a bit too... arcane for my easy comprehension. I don't speak very good *nix I guess.

Xepher

Well, if you want it scan all headers, then you can do that. You simply create the search expression without specifying the fields to look in. That is, "^To:" means "the line starting with To:" I believe you can negate that segment, and it will search the entire header.

Bitstream

Actually, I think I've figured it out. Don't put anything at all for a header (IE, just * and then your match terms) and it'll search em all.  So far, it's working like a charm.