News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

New Forums!

Started by Xepher, July 19, 2005, 04:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

After the string of repeated security holes in phpBB, I've decided to move the forums over to a new system. Not only are is it now different software on the front side, it's now running SQLite on the backend as well. This should be a lot faster, as it doesn't utilize the MySQL server at all. I was going to try and migrate everything from the old forums... but it proved too difficult. I also think it might be good to start off fresh, as we had a LOT of dead users on the old boards.

Anyway, start trying this new one out. You'll have to create a new user here, but everything should be pretty easy to use. I'll be leaving the old forums up for another month or so, while I see how this works out. Also, don't post any applications here yet.

Databits

Do you know that the img tags are currently turned off for this forum?
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Lei

well, on signatures, the img tage seems to be turned on for posts
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Xepher

Yes, it's turned off in signatures. Call it facist, but I just don't like seeing these huge images tagged on to every single post.

Gwyn

You have given us the power to make our own titles, I FEEL IMPORTANT NOW!
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Lei

Quote from: XepherYes, it's turned off in signatures. Call it facist, but I just don't like seeing these huge images tagged on to every single post.
.. good idea. But, honestly, isn't the four line limit a little too little? :D Loving the smilies :D:D:D
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

griever

Yay!  Forums that disable images in posts!  *kicks dial up*  I did notice that the old forums loaded very slowly, but had no idea why.  Most of the other places I visit on occasion use invision or something remotely known.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

Quote from: Lei.. good idea. But, honestly, isn't the four line limit a little too little? :D Loving the smilies :D:D:D
Perfect example... No offense, but you're posting a single line of text, and complaining that four lines of signature is too little. I'm probably a bit old fashioned, but I think signatures are meant to just be that little bit at the end of a letter or post.

Gwyn

yeah the smilies do look better here
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

tickyhead

hehe this new forum is pretty cool . . . and I gotta agree with Xepher, sigs have escalated into some sort of evil post-eating monsters in a lot of forums. I'm happy with just my little line of text, thankyouverymuch~ :D

ye gods the emoties here ARE awesome! :cool:
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

Tangle

Well, I think these new forums are sexy.  I'm not one for using emoticons much myself, but I'm loving on the no images in signatures fascist-thing.  Heh heh.  (I'm looking at you, Aetre)

Databits

(o.O)    

Sno

Heh, just when I join the old forums, you go and change them~  Time to get used to another new (shiny and clean) place!

Databits

I do sorta like that PhpBB has the javascript setup for the BBCode tags, some people don't know how to use the code otherwise.
(o.O)    

Xepher

Yeah, but that javascript was flakey at best. If you didn't do things just right, it'd drop tags in wrong places, or in one worst-case scenario I had, eat the entire post.