News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

New Forums!

Started by Xepher, July 19, 2005, 04:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Databits

It'd be cool to have a kinda flash forum, perhaps I'll design one when I get into flash more.
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

Flash? FLASH? Ugh, if javascript is "flakey" then flash is a dehydrated leper with dandruff!

SilentFyre

I like these new forums. I myself am using the Cobalt skin. It makes me feel good to see the blue and not burn my eyes out with the bright bright white background.

As for the images in signatures... thank you Xepher. I don't much like them either. I mean, the small ones are okay but seeing the same thing over and over again is just frusterating.

As for dead users. I swear I am not dead! I have a fresh new start here and I plan to move into action!

Databits

I have another suggestion, but more for the old forums. PhpBB has a feature to lock forums, so why not lock all the non-application forums on the old board and place a "moved to" announcement at the tops of them?
(o.O)    

Xepher

I will shortly here. For now, it's a good honeypot to see who doesn't pay much attention. :-)

SilentFyre

Well. *huffs* I read about the move but I, having slight ADD, never bothered to read the dates on those posts and completely forgot about them by the time I wanted to make a post. I know I'm silly like that. I hadn't crossed over a link to the new forums though, so it did surprise me when you linke dme here. :x

MPSinclair

You are just crazy, SilentFyre. :P

*waves to everyone*

Tye

This new board seem to be just fine to me... works like a jem(but I'm new,so what do I know?)

It's great that this board dosen't take as long as the old one did and all....it was soooooooo slow.

Lei

I didn't mind the old board *huffs* :D Still can't get my head around the fact that we're starting over.
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Xepher

Yeah, well, you didn't have to clean up the weekly hacking attempts that phpBB kept letting in.

Xepher

New forums are now defacto forums... moved to /forum/

Old forum can be found at http://xepher.net/oldforum/

Abandoned

(>-.-)> Ytmnd - "I believe you have my nGage!" <(-.-<)

Databits

Awesome, now we won't lose a lot of the good threads that were in the old forums. Considering there is no way you could transfer the data in a full and reliable manner (without bringing junk over with it) it's nice to continue to have that archive. However, if you want, you could change all the forums under PhpBB to read only.
(o.O)    

Xepher

I may at some point in the future, but it matters little.

DC Bueller

Hehe, well I'm glad to see that at least some link to the past remains...although I doubt I'll start sifting through that until my next vacation (and I probably wouldn't be able to read all of it even then).
Don't let the end of the world keep you from living another day.