News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

You Know You're A Nerd When...

Started by Xepher, August 21, 2005, 05:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phelerex

yes, tribute is an awsome song. it's just a little weird when all the band geeks start singing it on the bus on the way to a game. it's okay that we're nerds though, cause we are all nerds together!
BOW TO ME, MY MINIONS-er-I mean, uh, here, have a cookie!
Millions of years of evolution and we humans eventually end up with duct tape.
Naw, it can't be heaven. Not enough twinkies.

thefemnazi

awww, i totally miss band.  I got to hang out with whomever I wanted cuz I was my own section.
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

ChaosArchivist

You can also tell if your a nerd (or possibly a geek) when:
You watch CSI every night on Spike TV and tape the twelve hour marathons that they occasionally run...

You can also tell if you are a nerd if you spend any time over fifteen minutes debating the difference between a nerd and a geek.  I've done it...
Observing Chaos in action since before the new millenium

Phelerex

ack...i just relized something...
you really know your a nerd when you read and respond to the "you know your a nerd when..." topic!!!
:lol:
BOW TO ME, MY MINIONS-er-I mean, uh, here, have a cookie!
Millions of years of evolution and we humans eventually end up with duct tape.
Naw, it can't be heaven. Not enough twinkies.

trekkie1701c

You know you're a nerd when you have two PalmPilots (yep, PalmPilots, if that indicates age to those of you who know your PDA history) trying to remove the RAM from one and put it into another so that it'll work with the one cradle you have.

You know you're a nerd when you can distinguish between a PalmPilot brand handheld and the modern Palm (or PalmOne) brand handhelds.
What are you looking here for?

Ashley_Rose

You know you're a nerd when you, before reading 'Sir Gawain and the Green Knight', have forgotten the connection between Lancelot and Gawain, ask the Professor, and instead of letting it go, come home and google the information.

BTW, for anyone curious, he was Arthur's nephew, half brother to Mordred, and dueled Pansylot, I mean, Lancelot (Who is totally gay), after Lancelot slew his brothers.
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Kahootz... I've been... *kahooted*.

Tangle

Quote from: Ashley_RoseBTW, for anyone curious, he was Arthur's nephew, half brother to Mordred, and dueled Pansylot, I mean, Lancelot (Who is totally gay), after Lancelot slew his brothers.
His... name... is... LANCELOT
And in tight pants a lot
He likes to dance a lot
You know you do

I do?

etc etc...

He can finally come out and say that he is G.A...

Y.M.C.A.!

He's gay!

Ok!

Xepher

Yes, SPAMALOT is hilarious! One of the few broadway musicals I'd actually want to see. (Not a big musical fan.)

Ashley_Rose

Even *before* Spamalot I thought he was gay. I had a whole story about it. God. He's so gay.

Ashley: GAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Adam: Enough with the GAY!
Ashley: So GAY!
I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of your shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired!

Tangle

Actually, I'm kind of interested in this story.  Is there any way you could point it my way?

Ashley_Rose

Wow, that totally took me aback.

Um.

Let me . . . uh.

Wow.

I've got to find it, but sure. When I do, I'll shoot it your way. It really fantasy.

thefemnazi

I totally thought of that song too.  And I knew Lancelot was gay the minute he was able to just walk away from the Castle Anthrax.  Wait, that's not real history?
"The world is not safe for my butt!" -Spongebob Squarepants

I worship Pantsless O'Clock.

Kira Dwenna

You know you're a nerd when....

.....you actually consider the content of Fred Gallagher's last rant and try to come up with another word for non-Japanese manga (manga-eng, anyone?)
.....you spend over 12 hours, halloween night, and sleep to get 90 pixellated candies, that are taken by a creepy pixellated Jack-o-Lantern, in order to receive 1 out of 9 pixellated items that may or may not fit your avatar's choice of colors on Gaiaonline.com. O.o
.....you're still doing it....
.....you have arguments with people over how many verses you could remember correctly to a Disney theme song.
.....you contemplate selling your soul to complete a series of books that are out of print, never sold in the U.S., and only happen upon the internet when a library in England discards them
.....the last thing you think about when spending your paycheck is food
.....you take over 18 credits per semester, have two part-time jobs, and participate in more than one online forum
.....you contemplate world domination using only a plastic bag and some string
.....you spend 4 years in marching band - snow, rain, sleet, hail, sweltering heat, sweltering feet...the works - because you LIKE it
.....you buy video games because you know you won't see them again if you don't, even if you don't have enough time to play them
.....you use weird questions like these to introduce yourself to people.  :)
Sometimes I feel unreal;
A wrapped up box with nothing in it,
I reach out and I touch my limit.

Lei

... non japanese manga... does manga = japanese word for graphic novel anyways?

I have a lot more, from real life, but I can never remember stuff right off the bat like that.
"Don't follow into my footsteps; I walk into walls."

Kira Dwenna

Quote from: Lei... non japanese manga... does manga = japanese word for graphic novel anyways?

I have a lot more, from real life, but I can never remember stuff right off the bat like that.
It does.

But I can understand wanting to use the word 'manga' even when referring to comics in the Japanese style that have English-language origins.  Manga really did bring something completely different into the field of 'words-with-pictures' storytelling.  It would be a shame to not give credit where credit is due.  :D
Sometimes I feel unreal;
A wrapped up box with nothing in it,
I reach out and I touch my limit.