News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

PHP help?

Started by golden-crystals, June 12, 2006, 11:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munerift

Is there a way Xeph to mayhap HAVE THE OPTION for us unadvanced people who dont custom tweak the permissions, to like click a checkbox somewhere and have the server fix permissions AUTOMATICLY each time you reupload a PHP file???? Hmmmmm?
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

Xepher

Hmmm... Not that I can think of offhand. At least, not a way that wouldn't be a huge load on the server. The script I have right now, basically scans all your files, and then changes the permissions on all of them. That's fine to do once in a while when people push the button for it, but I couldn't just have that running full time, or it would chew up all the cpu's go-juice. :-)

The problem is that there isn't an easy way to trigger it or "know" when a file has been changed or uploaded without just scanning all the time. I will keep it in mind though, and see if I can't figure something out. For now though, I'd say use winscp, as it's actually AWARE of file permissions, and I believe it lets you pick default permissions for uploads.

golden-crystals

I don't mind having to go in and push something. It's kind of gratifying, lol 'There, I'm done!'
'In case of stupid, throw a brick'

Golden Crystals - Your journey is before you.