News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Ads?

Started by golden-crystals, June 28, 2006, 03:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden-crystals

First: YEEAAAAHHH! I finally got everything working and connected!!

Moving on- I have ads on my site. I don't know how, because I know that Xepher is ad-free. I was just wondering if someone could look at my index file and see what I have done wrong.

I basically copied and pasted my HTML from my other site (On a host that was supported by ads) and I thought I had cleared out all the scripts for ads, but I guess not. I read, and reread my file carefully, even used the original layout file and redid everything and the weasel is still there!

I just want to say thank you in advance, the Xepher forum is the fastest help I've ever recieved and very patient. I'm very impressed with the help I get from the people who volunteer their time to answer questions I'm sure are trivial and have been answered for the 13,098,870 time. Thanks!
'In case of stupid, throw a brick'

Golden Crystals - Your journey is before you.

Databits

Well first of all.... what's the index file you speak of? Got a link?
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

And what ads? I don't see any at http://golden-crystals.xepher.net/ but I've got popup blocking. Are they popup ads?

tickyhead

I see them, my firefox's pop-up blocker sucks XD Anyway they're most likely from the TAGBOARD, not xepher. I've been to many many sites wherein the tagboard is wired to give the site pop-up ads...much to the dismay of the webmaster...

You've really got to read the fine print when it comes to stuff like "free" tagboards.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

golden-crystals

Quote from: tickyheadI see them, my firefox's pop-up blocker sucks XD Anyway they're most likely from the TAGBOARD, not xepher. I've been to many many sites wherein the tagboard is wired to give the site pop-up ads...much to the dismay of the webmaster...

You've really got to read the fine print when it comes to stuff like "free" tagboards.
Ah ha, thank you! I doubted it was Xepher. I bet it is my tagboard. I was just confused about where they were coming from. I will get to searching on an ad-less tagboard then. Thanks!
'In case of stupid, throw a brick'

Golden Crystals - Your journey is before you.

Databits

Don't ya hate that?
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

tickyhead

I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.