News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Ice Age 2

Started by Xepher, April 01, 2006, 06:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

"Home on the Range" was the last hand-animated film disney released. A year before that, they announced they were closing their feature animation department, and switching entirely to CG films. They still do traditional animation for their tv shows and direct-to-video releases, but won't ever be doing a feature film in traditional cel again. Sort of an end of an era for me, as Disney was always the king of animated movies. So much of my childhood wrapped up in things like The Lion King, and Aladin. Too bad that awful ranch movie was the last one. They should've stopped at "Brother Bear" or "Lilo & Stitch" and gone out in style. Roseanne as a cow just didn't cut it. Personally, I think people will start clammoring for traditional animation again in a few years, and Disney will change their mind. For now though, at least the CG doesn't seem to be killing them too badly. The Wild was actually pretty good I thought. Then again, I liked Disney CG from the day they did Dinosaur. And now that they're back on speaking terms with Pixar, we can rely on them for good CG films. What can I say? The king is dead. Long live the king!

pigeon-wing

Switching entirely to CGI films?! D: I read that on Wikipedia, and, the source being Wikipedia, I chose not to believe it x( So sad. I haven't seen Home on the Range; I wasn't very interested in it when I saw the previews and never remembered to rent it. You liked The Wild? I saw a teensy bit of it, the part with the crocodiles (I dug them), I'll have to see the whole thing sometime. But I agree, it's not like their CGI movies are terrible, so I'll just enjoy them for now and catch up on some foreign animation... But, since you reminded me that history repeats itself, I shall wait for the day when hand-drawn animation comes back in style... hopefully I won't be too senile by then ¦3
I'm so sorry about Bella, Jack.

tickyhead

Quote from: pigeon-wingI haven't seen Home on the Range; I wasn't very interested in it when I saw the previews and never remembered to rent it.
Keep forgetting, that thing is an abomination. I know SOME people *coughmyparentscough* would want to watch it just because it's disney, but no. Just, no.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

pigeon-wing

Quote from: tickyheadKeep forgetting, that thing is an abomination.
Ha ha, now I HAVE to see it X3

ScareCrow

Hey, would Monster's Inc. count as a talking animal CG movie? It's not... technically... animals, so...
>Jenn's siggy: "Fear of the unknown is a powerful force, one which can either drive you to insight or hysteria."
>Bear's siggy: "If your life was a story, who would want to read it?"

Munerift

...I'm sure they'd taste like chicken. *snicker*
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

sillyscarecrow

Disney is coming back out with the classical 2D animation style because even though we all like 3D, there is a lot of it.  A guy from EA came to our school and told many of the GAD students this.  I find it refreshing because classics are always nice.  But yeah, the stuff they do in the 3D movies as far as grafix and animation is great.
"No one Ever Really Dies"- N*E*R*D

pigeon-wing

Quote from: sillyscarecrowDisney is coming back out with the classical 2D animation style because even though we all like 3D, there is a lot of it.  A guy from EA came to our school and told many of the GAD students this.  I find it refreshing because classics are always nice.  But yeah, the stuff they do in the 3D movies as far as grafix and animation is great.
Yeah, I can't wait for The Frog Princess =)