News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Sylph

Started by sylph, July 26, 2006, 06:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fesworks

Personally, I use Frontpage on an MS O/S, I have no problems with using that, and personally don;t feel any need to do something overly fancy because that's not how I am. I don;t have time to learn anything but that, and I am a "Tables Whore" when it comes to HTML because its easier.... people used to tell me that it increases loading times or something, but that was back in the Dial-Up 14k days.

and Griver.. one thing I noticed on MS programs.... HELVETICA doesn't exist any more!!! It was my Favorite font and all school assignments were supposed to be 12pt Helvetica....

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

griever

Unfortunately, all the sites I used are gone and all the freeware programs are now charging money, but one site that some of my friends have used is http://www.lissaexplains.com/.  Personally, I would work on the tables and all the HTML basics and really put a whole site together before adding CSS to it.  Once you the ins and outs of manipulating things through HTML, CSS is really just an extension of that.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

sylph

Yeah, I always use Lissa Explains when I'm stuck.

Yes, but do you guys make your layouts from scratch like raw HTML or image slice on PSP?
Immortal love is held within mortal hearts
<3.<3

Munerift

Html using dreamweaver... with the newer versions I find myself overriding the DW html more and more... along with images made in Photoshop.

Alot of the time I love looking at websites, if I see something I love I'll try and re-create it myself or spend time just drawing things out I want on a piece of paper and then trying to piece it together on the computer.
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

sylph

<3.<3

fesworks

Oh and for images I use MS Paint and Irfan Viewer.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

sylph

Phew .. Sorry, I've been on vacation for this last week and didn't have time to post about it .. but I'm back.
<3.<3

pigeon-wing

I wish I could give you a long, in-depth critique on your poetry, but alas, I'm not a writer ^^;

As for the site design, I don't find the colors blinding and I can read the font just fine =3 The background of the iframe still scrolls, but I think that's because I'm using Mozilla. I tried having a fixed background too and that didn't work out. I used PSP's slicing tool and made the iframe's pic the background image for the table cell it was in and gave all the iframes transparent backgrounds... I hope that made sense ._.; Ooh! And www.tizag.com is pretty cool for learning HTML (=
I'm so sorry about Bella, Jack.