News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

News Box, and index.php

Started by Silverunicorn, August 13, 2006, 04:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverunicorn

Hello, Sorry to bother, but I'm facing this problem for days and no matter what I do, I can't get it fixed.

You see, I designed my site in HTML, and when it came to adding the NewsBox, I saved the page as php, and uploaded it to see how it works. But it doesn't work with the php file, although all my files are correctly linked and all are in the right folder.

So, as for now, I have uploaded the HTML version of the index file and am waiting for some help from you.
Is there anyways one can have the newsbox in an html file?
If not, what's wrong with my php file?

My site is http://sanaz.xepher.net

Thanks

griever

I'm getting a 500 error...did you chmod the index.php file to 700?
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Silverunicorn

umm, let me check. I did it with the rest of the files, but not with this one I'm afraid.

Ok, did so now. And now it works. :) Thanks.

But still, , I can't see the top pic, and the flash buttons, why is that? :/
I'm sure I redirected the links again.

griever

Did you chmod everything to 700?  Images should be 644, I think.  I'm not sure about Flash, but I'm guessing the same.  If this is the case, change the images and the Flash files and see if that works.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

Yeah, ONLY php files (or other scripts) should be 700. Other stuff should be 644 usually. It's a lot easier if you just run the "fix file permissions" tool thats available under the account management system. That's where you set all your site info and such. Run that, and it'll set all your file permissions to suggested values.

Silverunicorn

Yes, did so, and thanks, everything works just fine now. :)