News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Happy Groundhog Day!

Started by Xepher, February 02, 2006, 06:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xepher

Groundhog Day:

Best... holiday... EVER!

Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/06 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:
Quote from: "Phil"It is said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Around the country there are many imitators of me.

In Harrisburg there is Gus who appears on TV
working for the lottery.

Then all around town,
Cute groundhog statues abound.
They all look like me, I found.

Today on the Knob as I'm doing my job,
I don't like this likeness of me.

It's my shadow I see. Six more weeks of mild winter there will be.
Yay for neversummer!

Databits

Ya ever stop to think that maybe it's not his shadow that scares him but maybe all the people standing around him?
(\_/)    ~Relakuyae D'Selemae
(o.O)    
(")_(")  [Libre Office] [Chrome]

Xepher

Wow! A whole year went by already?

Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/07 at 7:28 a.m. at Gobbler's Knob:
Quote from: "Phil"El Nino has caused high winds, heavy snow, ice and freezing temperatures in the west.
Here in the East with much mild winter weather we have been blessed.

Global warming has caused a great debate.
This mild winter makes it seem just great.

On this Groundhog Day we think of one thing.
Will we have winter or will we have spring?

On Gobbler's Knob I see no shadow today.
I predict that early spring is on the way.
Happy Groundhog Day!

griever

The Gus commercials are kind of spooky.  Or else groundhogs are really that ugly.  But he'd better be right because there's too much winter here.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Xepher

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Second best holiday ever!

I want a shirt that reads "All I ever needed to know about being Irish, I learned from a pint o' stout..." and on the back continues "...and a fistful o' knuckles across me face!"

Now, if only I could find someplace around here that actually sells Murphy's Stout... I may have to settle for Guinness.

griever

The gaijin bar in my town has Guinness!  But I found some corned beef, which was more like the corned beef in corned beef hash, so I made that, cabbage and potatoes, and soda bread.
"You can get all A's and still flunk life." (Walker Percy)

Gwyn

I didn't go out at all :(

need to save to move out.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Xepher

Sadly, I didn't go out at all either. Got dragged out of bed at 10am this morning to go deal with work issues that have me about to tear the head off a couple people. Spent hours dealing with that. Tried calling friends, but I couldn't get in touch with any of the three people I know who drink at all. My town has no events going on whatsoever. The one place in town that carries Guinness was out of it. (All 16 cans they stock.) I think I may live in the least Irish place possible, and I have no friends. So I'm doing the best I can, which means drinking the darkest beer I could find (which is merely shiner bock) and wearing a green t-shirt while I browse the web. I swear, one of these days, I'm going to actually find something to DO in this fracking town. Maybe even with PEOPLE.

*hates living here, but keeps telling himself it's worth it for the money*

Gwyn

yeah I'm finally moving out, other than the first month (since we have to pay security deposit) it's not going to be too much to live where we are going.
Pizza party! Pizza for everyone!....who has money?

Munerift

I moved into my new apartment this weekend... and had my daughter so it was no drinking for me. I did pick up some interesting alcohol though for the next night my grandparents take her for the night... Blueberry & Pomagranite juice with alcohol...? Sounds interesting! :)
I'm Home!
MuneRift - DeviantArt - Etsy

Witchiebunny

Uh, a Very merry Unbirthday to one and all? (Except those who have a Birthday today, to whom I say Happy Birthday!)