News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

little burst of inspiration...

Started by cha0s, October 06, 2006, 06:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fesworks

Not the kinda of music I listen to, but they all sound good... the first two seem short??

as far as the old ones, are they all covers? I recognized everlong.mps as a Foo Fighters (?) song.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

cha0s

everlong is foo fighters fur elise is beethoven (lol)

says that on my site, guess you didn't visit>.>

so what is your kind of music? =)
xepher puts the SEXY in DYSLEXIA

My Music!
FreeBASIC rox hard

fesworks

I didn't visit the site, just clicked the links you provided :P

Music I like is the rock genre, faster paced, gritty. Punk and underground stuff typically. Girl Rock and the like (not top 40 stuff). and then to contrast that, Classical music, electronicly composed music, and "new age" meditation music.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

cha0s

http://subliminal-prodigy.xepher.net/music/fool2.mp3

updated with better production, harmony in the lyrics, bit longer (if anyone likes it)

so, i'm curious, what genre would you classify "fool" or "youdontknowme" as? hehe

My Music!
FreeBASIC rox hard

fesworks

*Just checked your site* Oh yea, that guy.

Well I never label.... I use "labels" as adjectives and not as nouns.

I guess I would have to say Alternative Art Rock... maybe... its kinda familiar sounding... Reminds me of Foo Fighter's "calmer" tracks.. I think.. but also sounds like something else, can;t think of the group right now.... I keep waiting for it to pick up and rock harder and faster though...

I mean both those songs are good sounding... just seem a bit incomplete in some way (to me because I expect or rather listen to faster stuff or progressive stuff).

being honest here (keep in mind the music I listen to):

They both sound very good. Fool is better the 2nd time, and TDKM just feels much too short somehow...
Both of them sound like they easily placed in the background... of something... without much attention needed to them while you do whatever you are doing otherwise.... but of course that could be what you were going for... but that level of never-progressing tone doesn't sit right with me too often. If I were tired and wanted some music to help me go to sleep or relax (not in a bad way i'm meaning) I could easily listen to this.

But the overall sound is good, and I am sure many people would actually like these tracks a lot as they are.

so I hope you get what I'm trying to convey, I'm not trying to sound mean at all, just critical and a honest in a (possibly) helpful way?

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

tickyhead

I'm liking what I'm hearing so far :D You should really extend those first two songs more, they're really short. I love your take on Fur Elise by the way :3

The "fool" harmonies are good in the update, but I liked the static sound in the first version to be honest. I guess I'm just a fan of little effects like that...not during the whole song mind you, but those little bits where it's mainly the (synthesizer?) playing, I think it would add a nice effect all around.
Also the vocals in all the songs are very soft, it's sometimes hard to hear them over the music. Note that I'm no music theorist or anything...This is at most the culmination of lots of musical theatre XD

I agree with fes though, the songs feel like they should get bigger, but they never do. Maybe that's your style and all (haven't really listened to your music to be honest so I'm not sure if this is a recurring theme) But it leaves me wanting a little more.....energy in it. The style needs that extra oomph...Give it a big crescendo for a finale that really kicks, you know? I'm not saying start speeding up the tempo or scream out the lyrics or anything (personally I don't see how people can think of screaming as an alternative to actual notes or, I dunno, talent?) But....the energy, the pizazz isn't there, and it makes the song just sort of linger.

So anyway, if you're going to extend the songs more, (and you shoud!) think about adding some extra oomph to it :)

Oh yeah, as for classification I agree with fes once more, alternative rock is a nice broad section of music that you'd fit right in to.
I don't hate everyone, I'm just very, very disappointed in them.

cha0s

Thank you guys ( er, if you are both indeed guys o.o ), I don't mind any criticsm, in fact, that's all I really want is opinions, and most of the time it seems like I don't really get that. Thanks.

I know what you guys mean about the building that never happens. It's because I hate my family and I can only release what's inside when they're not around me, which is unfortunately 24/7 because... well... this place is a hole. Luckily if everything goes ok I'll be starting at DeVry as soon as I can get a couple of things figured out (and hence begin my independence...) =P Anyways, didn't mean to get too personal if i did O.o. Damn troubled artists... Another reason is because that isn't electric guitar, it's the same acoustic guitar with some effects on it... and the drums are me jamming away on a yamaha keyboard, with a mic on it XD

About the static.. damn. I saw that as like "must kill", damn crappy wal-mart mic is the reason that was in there, I didn't put it there on purpose haha =D

I think the whole being in the background thing is a result of being such a lover of video game music, which almost without qualification is ambient, loops infinitely, and has no lyrics.

btw I would probably scream a lot in my songs if these damn ppl weren't around <.<; I like bands like Black Label, really heavy-ass metal shit, but I dunno. I write music like this. Sometimes I think my own songs are kinda gay, and I don't make them public. Isn't that weird?

Anyways, thanks alot ^^. <3

P.S. what are your guys' xepher sites if you have one? =]

P.P.S. that wasn't a synthesizer. that was all guitar harmonics.

My Music!
FreeBASIC rox hard

fesworks

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

tickyhead

Quote from: cha0sThank you guys ( er, if you are both indeed guys o.o )
Teeechnically I'm of the female persuasion, but I consider the term "you guys" to be androgenous. :P

Quote from: cha0sbtw I would probably scream a lot in my songs if these damn ppl weren't around <.<; I like bands like Black Label, really heavy-ass metal shit, but I dunno. I write music like this. Sometimes I think my own songs are kinda gay, and I don't make them public. Isn't that weird?
Heh, I had the same problem back when I reeeeeally wanted to be in a rock band XD I couldn't play any instruments except for those few piano lessons I had, so I figured I could be the lead singer or something. Problem is my voice isn't the right type for most of the songs I like. Then again in my opinion my voice sounds like it hasn't changed since I was 12, but whatever. I used to try and write songs and I'd look at them and go "dammit, this sounds like some stupid show tune...."

Long story short, my interest in musical theatre started around the same time. The point is, play to your strengths. If you can pull off a heavy metal sound, do it. Personally I have nothing writh with metal....until they start "singing" ;)

Also, your songs aren't gay. Really.

Quote from: cha0sP.S. what are your guys' xepher sites if you have one? =]
http://www.mystikskies.net/
(I really need to update it more often : )

Quote from: cha0sP.P.S. that wasn't a synthesizer. that was all guitar harmonics.
shweet.

cha0s

lol ticky i had fun totally defacing your forums.

My Music!
FreeBASIC rox hard

tickyhead