News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Unfinished projects

Started by Steltie, October 20, 2006, 03:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steltie

Hello!

I'm working on a Browser-MMORPG in my free time. Currently I'm hosting it on my own machine (my router is configured so that friends can access it over the net). Of course I'm going to host it somewhere in the Internet when it's finished, but it would be useful to have a server which is accessable at every time.

So, my question is this: Can we host unfinished projects here, or do the projects have to be finished (or more precisely: "usable")?

Thank you in advance!

Steltie.

Xepher

Things don't have to be "finished," per say. However, I mainly host content... that is, actual creative output to be enjoyed by others, and not project/rallying-points for other endeavors. That means things are mostly limited to art, comics, music, writing, and that sort of stuff. I am open minded about things, and while there are a few game-related sites still around from the early days, I'm not really looking for more games sites. That said, you are welcome to apply, but unless I'm rather mistaken in what your "project" is, it's probably not going to be accepted.

Steltie

I've just read through the site directory and I couldn't find anything that's comparable with my game.
If you want you can test my game and see for yourself. It's written in PHP and Javascript (I'm using Ajax) and users can create a character and walk through worlds with a selfmade tile engine.

Well, if you want to test it, it would be the best if you contact me by ICQ (my ICQ UID is 266306076) or so, because my server isn't accessable all the time.

Shall I apply here or shall I create a new thread in Applications?

Xepher

A couple of the redwall sites had "Warlords" based games running. They definitely weren't Ajax/graphical though.

Applications definitely need to be made in the appropriate section. I can't promise anything more than that I'll take a good look at it though. I'd say make sure to post some screenshots at the very least.