News:

The anti-spam plugins have stopped being effective. Registration is back to requiring approval. After registering, you must ALSO email me with your username, so that I can manually approve your account.

Main Menu

Got a new project and a new art-stlye

Started by fesworks, October 22, 2006, 04:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fesworks

Ok, this is for a NEW project I am working on... trying to do a new style (as compared to the style I currently do). My goal is simple characters with a somewhat detailed (to the best of my abilities) background. I am trying to incorporate DEPTH as well. The comic is slated to be a Choose Your Own Adventure type of webcomic. The Idea is that It would be a once a week (or twice a week) comic where viewers can vote what ACTIONS the main character will do next. Like will the character go this way, do this, hit this person, etc. So it is not a WHAT will happen choice, but a HOW to handle the current situation. The next comic (or two) will illustrate the consequence of the action most voted on.

I like the blockiness of the hands, head, and feet with the flow of the coat and hair.

The whole thing isn't exactly what I want, but I am sure I will improve much with time and more practice. My original idea is beyond my current skill level.

Suggestions and Comments very much welcomed (even negative, but please don't be needlessly brutal). ;)

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com

dragyn

First bit of advice from me:  Don't overdo it.  In my (rather short) experience, I've found it best to stick with only one or two projects.
 Next: The art's alright (though not really my sort of thing), and would likely work well for what it sounds like you're planning, relatively quick and effective, though not so complex as to confuse people.
  Last:  Be careful with anything where you rely on peoples for input:  you can't always count on people to show up.

Uh...'nuf from me.

fesworks

This would be a once a week project and I would be droping my PSI comic to a Mon-Thurs schedule for it.

I know, not everyone is going to like everyone's art (To Quote Mitch Headburg: "You can't please all the people, all the time. And Last night, all those people, were at my show." :P) But I have actually been getting decent comments about the style. Which is good becase the comic is going to be interactive.

as far as the input I've been getting, I'm not going to use it all, But I want to try it all until I get something that looks/works better than what I envisioned. The input gets me ideas I didn;t think of.

www.PSIwebcomic.com
www.TheShifterArchive.com
www.ArdraComic.com
www.WebcomicBeacon.com